GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why does PS2 have no decent games?!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/05/01 at 17:56
Regular
I bought my PS2 soon after release and it only serves to bring continual disappointment. Games come in dibs and drabs with very few titles worth buying (SSX, Timesplitters).
Magazines only ever seem to FEATURE the next generation of must-have titles as the release dates just get put further and further back. So in the meantime, developers (crappy and reputable) put out average to awful games in order to exploit us, the consumers who are desparate for games. I do concede that some games are of a good standard. But I have bought a next generation console. I dont want good, I want the best!!!
I was most hopefull for Zone of the Enders, but just turned out to be an incredibly tedious blaster so I returned it (after playing the MGS2 demo to death!)

I bought my PS2 to play games on and treated the DVD as an extra. As it stands, it is completely the other way around.

Does anyone else feel the same way?
Sat 12/05/01 at 21:54
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
If the ps2 T.W.I.N.E. is anything like the n64 version no-one will be dissapointed. Anyway if it is like the psone version it will be booed and the ps2 will get a bad repuation.
Sat 12/05/01 at 20:02
Regular
Are you mattyboy or saesee? Its just that one of them had a tag line like that, so I wondered if details had been edited. (However, I think they are regulars, so maybe not).

Anyway, I have to be honest, and say that I wasn`t looking forward to the bond games in particular. They always get compared to Goldeneye, and even if they turn out to be better, they`ll get harsh treatment, and get called less good.
Sat 12/05/01 at 19:45
Regular
I Hope none of you were lookin forward to THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH for PS2 cuz its bin axed and so has 007 racing but a newer game is coming out called agents under fire with bits of both games in
Fri 11/05/01 at 19:00
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Z.O.E Doesn't look astonishing Is it??
Thu 10/05/01 at 20:55
Regular
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> ssxpro wrote:
> An exchange that only lost you the F from the
> initials!
Or the M even... :-)

DOH! Now I feel stupudder :-)

It (SO) has got some
> fogging, but you don't really notice when playing. It's incredibly
> addictive though, and not exactly easy. In fact the 2nd mission
> took about 6 attempts.

Sounds good. Don`t know if I can afford it given that Red Faction and GT3 are just around a few corners.

Considering it's 'just' flying and no
> shooting etc., it certainly isn't short on action. Considering
> no-one had heard of the makers before ("Cross") it's a
> very worthy first effort!

It does seem to be doing well. Maybe if Red Faction gets a big delay...
Athough, (don`t let SR hear this) there is 3 for 2 at WHSmiths on PS2 games and DVDs (unfortunately finishing before GT3 and Red Faction are released) , so if I can get a few friends together, I might be able to buy SO at about £30.
Thu 10/05/01 at 19:57
"High polygon count"
ssxpro wrote:
> An exchange that only lost you the F from the initials!

Or the M even... :-)

> How is SO then? I read the PSM2 review and they said it was good fun, but had
> a few fog problems. Still, its gameplay that counts.

It has got some fogging, but you don't really notice when playing. It's incredibly addictive though, and not exactly easy. In fact the 2nd mission took about 6 attempts.

Considering it's 'just' flying and no shooting etc., it certainly isn't short on action. Considering no-one had heard of the makers before ("Cross") it's a very worthy first effort!
Thu 10/05/01 at 19:49
Regular
An exchange that only lost you the F from the initials!

How is SO then? I read the PSM2 review and they said it was good fun, but had a few fog problems. Still, its gameplay that counts.
Thu 10/05/01 at 19:43
"High polygon count"
I part-exchanged my copy of Shadow of Memories for Sky Odyssey yesterday.

I completed SoM once, and I did really enjoy it - but I couldn't be bothered going for the alternate endings.
Thu 10/05/01 at 19:28
Regular
Do you like it that much? I think I still prefer SSX ZOE and Starfighter.
Thu 10/05/01 at 19:12
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
At the moment it looks like shadow of memories is the best game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.