GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should Notables be Sacked?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/08/04 at 15:40
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
This is the question. How long should a notable stay a notable if they no longer post on the forums?

1 Year
2 Years
3 Years
or Forever
Wed 25/08/04 at 14:41
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Your Honour wrote:

> 5. Perhaps we could put everyone back to regular, and start
> again?

Now that is probably the most sensible suggestion I've read but only if it is combined with an overhaul of the whole 'voting in' system including something to make it a worthwhile status to achieve. Every 3 months is way too many elections although looking at the current results the folk voted in are not just the flavour of the month but are consistantly popular. It would depend on how all the other notables feel about losing this 'status' as most have been notables for a long time.

> 6. A lot of the vote someone in and out type suggestions seems to be
> a bit over the top to be honest.

You should not be allowed to vote out a notable. If this happened I would think that the system would collapse into anarchy. For instance, at the moment, I'd vote out Grix (for damaging my very fragile ego :D) kidding really, but would want to keep in all the notables I've already voted for.
Wed 25/08/04 at 12:41
Regular
"Excommunicated"
This thread has made me realise I've wasted too much time on the internet.
Wed 25/08/04 at 12:35
Regular
"Selected"
right thats it, BURN THEM ALL!!!!!!
Wed 25/08/04 at 12:31
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
......................./´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´....¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........'\'...\.........._.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\
Wed 25/08/04 at 11:24
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Timmargh wrote:
> @ng3l wrote:
> Nope just Punish them, individually!!
>
> As long as I get punished by you wearing a nurse's uniform.

I'm afraid we took a vote and decided that you get punished my me wearing a nurses uniform.

Now; let me just take your temperature...
Wed 25/08/04 at 10:53
Regular
"Twenty quid."
@ng3l wrote:
> Nope just Punish them, individually!!

As long as I get punished by you wearing a nurse's uniform.
Wed 25/08/04 at 10:52
Regular
There's lots of things in here I agree with, and some I don't.

So here's what I think:

1. Some people on here are taking the whole notable thing far too seriously. It's only a chat forum, get a life.

2. The forums have definitely changed since the whole notable thing was first around. I was really pleased to be voted in notable, because I was voted in by posters i respected and people I felt like I knew, and liked.

3. The voting happens to often. Perhaps change it to every 6 months instead? If an existing notable hasn't posted in the 6 months, make them retired. The only reason I suggest this is that on the main Ukchatforums page, the list of current notables is getting longer all the time, and looks quite stupid. Sooner or later the list of notables is going to be longer than than the regulars...

4. Something needs to be done to make being a notable mean something again. Perhaps whoever is voted in wins a GAD? Perhaps they get extra powers, such as moderator type priviledges? Perhaps a Notable Only forum or something?

5. Perhaps we could put everyone back to regular, and start again?

6. A lot of the vote someone in and out type suggestions seems to be a bit over the top to be honest. Also, there are a lot of notables who aren't about as much anymore who would get voted out, despite the fact that they really deserved to be voted in when they were, if that makes sense?

Thoughts?
Wed 25/08/04 at 10:22
Regular
Voting to who you hated the most? The whole forums will become some kind of popularity nightmare.. and besides, someone will vote for me and I'll cry
Wed 25/08/04 at 03:47
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I say you should start all over again, and bring on carousel!
Wed 25/08/04 at 00:48
Regular
yeah but you may as well do what i suggested and it would be a lot more practical

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.