GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should Notables be Sacked?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/08/04 at 15:40
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
This is the question. How long should a notable stay a notable if they no longer post on the forums?

1 Year
2 Years
3 Years
or Forever
Thu 19/08/04 at 16:46
Regular
I think they should all stay. Except Sniper, he should be retired. Right now. By an angry Harrison Ford.
Thu 19/08/04 at 16:20
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> SHEEPY wrote:
> Yes, nutsack them all.
Thu 19/08/04 at 16:13
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Timmargh - example of work:

I fell off the bed and then peed on myself.
Thu 19/08/04 at 16:07
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I wouldn't post if I got special treatment like that.

SHEEPY

Example of work: I like vanilla
Thu 19/08/04 at 16:05
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
So many different opinions, I wonder how you all get along so well together.

My view is this:

They should remain notables forever, but should be moved from the list of notables after one year and placed on a page called Retired Notables which contains some examples of their work.

Then, if they ever do return they can be re-instated to the notables list.

In the Notables list there would simply be all the names of the notables plus one link to "Retired Notables"
Thu 19/08/04 at 16:03
Regular
"Twenty quid."
SHEEPY wrote:
> Yes, sack them all.
Thu 19/08/04 at 15:53
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Sack 'em after 12 months, well change their status anyway. They are doing no harm and the majority of them do still post even if it is just occasionally.
Thu 19/08/04 at 15:47
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yes, sack them all.
Thu 19/08/04 at 15:47
Regular
Forever.

But accounts should be 'retired' (bladerunner style :^) ) if not used for, say, 3 years. Notables included.

Then their stats could be put in a notable hall of fame for their immortality.

(Retirement could free up user names from normal accounts (reclaim all the first names), though you might want to keep retired notable names out of circulation).
Thu 19/08/04 at 15:45
"I love yo... lamp."
Well their posts in the past don't stop being notable posts do they? Like if Meka Dragon stopped posting, his old posts would still be far more "notable" than mine. So sacked possibly isn't the right word, but maybe change their status to retired notable or something after a year.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.