GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it a fix?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/05/00 at 18:47
Regular
This game a day thing is great but im starting to get a bit annoyed now. I dont mind people winning things when they submit somthing original but for winning somthing for which i have already submitted really annoys me. and i have proof.

on the 24/05/2000 sith lord won a prize for submitting some cheats for jedi power battles but i had already submitted those cheats to the database and after a few days i noticed that they were not in the data base. I also noticed that someone had recieved a prize for submitting cheats to one of the discussion forums, so i did the same. and very clearly in the PLAYSTATION GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM on the 05/05/2000 i have submitted the same cheats and even more. So why have i missed out and someone else won a prize for for somthing i have submitted? Whats to say that they didnt read my cheats and submit some of them? Can we really win prizes for unoriginal information?
I really think i deserve a game. I put a lot of effort in to getting those cheats and i got beaten by someone submitting less.
grrr.....
Sun 28/05/00 at 18:47
This game a day thing is great but im starting to get a bit annoyed now. I dont mind people winning things when they submit somthing original but for winning somthing for which i have already submitted really annoys me. and i have proof.

on the 24/05/2000 sith lord won a prize for submitting some cheats for jedi power battles but i had already submitted those cheats to the database and after a few days i noticed that they were not in the data base. I also noticed that someone had recieved a prize for submitting cheats to one of the discussion forums, so i did the same. and very clearly in the PLAYSTATION GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM on the 05/05/2000 i have submitted the same cheats and even more. So why have i missed out and someone else won a prize for for somthing i have submitted? Whats to say that they didnt read my cheats and submit some of them? Can we really win prizes for unoriginal information?
I really think i deserve a game. I put a lot of effort in to getting those cheats and i got beaten by someone submitting less.
grrr.....
Sun 28/05/00 at 20:06
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
This is a fair point, but their might has been some better info inputted by someone else, there is only one game to win each day, and I guess that you have to write something original each day until you win! after you win one you can't win another, because I put loads of stuff on this site! cheats reviews, but I don't mind, as long as I get great deals on games from this site I'm happy! £9.99 for silicon valley! I can't believe that this is the only site that has these low prices!
Buyt I totally agree with you bladerunner.
Sun 28/05/00 at 20:47
Thanks FOGMASTER
It just that what the bloke won the prize for wasnt exaclty original
and i should at least get somthing for my efforts.
im just a bit miffed that my efforts arnt recognised and people who make a lesser effort recieve rewards.

Oh and your point about cheap games. well not to sound like some sort of salesman but 9.99 aint all that cheap considering ive bought my last couple of N64 games for less than half that each. I got Command and conqer for a fiver...bio freaks for 99p....and turok 2 for only 3.80 beat that? Oh...i work at a currys store...
some pretty good games at nice prices ey?
Fri 02/06/00 at 14:35
THE GAME A DAY PRIZE IS GIVEN OUT TO PEOPLE EVERYDAY. HOWEVER, THE PERSON WHO WON WITH THE SAME CHEATS YOU SUBMITTED JUST HAPPENED TO SUBMIT THEM ON THE DAY A CHEAT WAS PICKED. IN ACTUAL FACT, 6 PEOPLE SUBMITTED THE SAME CHEATS, AND WE CAN ONLY PICK ONE. PICKING ONE WINNER FROM THE AMOUNT OF ENTRIES WE GET IS A DIFFICULT TASK, SO IM SURE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND. IM SORRY YOU FEEL YOU ARE GOING UNREWARDED, BUT JUST KEEP ENTERING MORE, YOU MIGHT GET LUCKY! GOOD LUCK, AND KEEP WRITING!
Thu 29/03/01 at 14:41
Regular
"not dead"
I'm glad Ali eventually discovered the Caps Lock key.
Thu 29/03/01 at 14:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I FIND THAT CAPSLOCK MAKES IT APPEAR AS IF YOU ARE SHOUTING AND SOMEWHAT MIFFED.

MIFFED...THAT SOUNDS LIKE SPANKMONKEY IF YOU PUT YOUR HANDS OVER YOUR EARS.

Ah, the calming effect of normal font typing.
See, see how you feel floaty light.

Oh, and standing on a chair screaming "WHY HAVEN'T I WON GAMEADAY, IT'S NOT FAIR, I SHOULD WIN" is one of the easiest ways to see someone else snatch that glorious free goody offered to those sexy, intelligent and downright glorious people that do win.

Thu 29/03/01 at 15:05
"High polygon count"
Question #1: What is Goatboy smoking today?

Question #2: Can I have some please?
Thu 29/03/01 at 15:07
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Answer 1# Goat Smoke

Answer 2# Only if you kiss my monkey
Thu 29/03/01 at 15:15
"High polygon count"
*runs away*
Thu 29/03/01 at 15:18
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
The beginning of June was obviously a stressful time for Ali.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.