GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So then, Alien Vs Predator is crap"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/08/04 at 14:02
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Not content with screwing up one franchise, Hollywood it seems has found a way to kill off two in one go. I wasn’t expecting much from an Anderson film, especially after films like Mortal Kombat, Soldier and Resident evil, though after seeing the trailer I thought he’d at least have tried to make a film this time instead of a computer game.

Most of the reviews from the US are panning it, with only a few giving praise calling it a fun “popcorn Flick”, which is a nice way to say “you’ve wasted your money paying full cinema ticket price for a film that should only be used as renting fodder”.

It’s a PG-13 too, why? I don’t understand why Hollywood tries to turn movies made for an adult audience into crappy watered down PG-13 tripeness that negate the point of watching them in the first place. Surely the only reason anyone would want to watch a film called “Alien Vs Predator“ is to see some excessive violence.

Oh well, one potentially good film ruined, I’d have loved to have seen what James Cameron could of done with this film having been linked to it early in development. I’ll probably rent it in a few months, and wait for what could be an even more disastrous Resident Evil sequel, in the mean time [URL]http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/alien_vs_predator/[/URL] it gives you a fair impression of what critics in America think of the movie.
Wed 18/08/04 at 23:48
Regular
"A man with a stick"
From one review:

I swear, at one point I thought I heard the guy in the Predator mask say, “I am…and will always be…your friend.”

Dear god, I hope that isn't true, though the predators do aparantly team up with the humans, which defeats the "whoever wins... We Loose" tagline. How can we loose, if we help them?
Wed 18/08/04 at 23:29
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
Yeah, but what annoyed me in the movie is that it gives the impression that the predators are whimps, as the majority of them die after being in the movie for 10 minutes
Wed 18/08/04 at 23:15
Regular
You have to work pretty damn hard to screw up a film containing two of the best killing machines in cinema history, and to make it a 12A.
Wed 18/08/04 at 23:06
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
monkey_man wrote:
> Such a great concept too.
Wed 18/08/04 at 23:05
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I like how Anderson has put the initials W.S. in his name, as if anyone's going to be stupid enough to confuse him with a proper director (The Paul Anderson of Boogie Nights and Magnolia fame).

Event Horizon was his only commendable effort, but even that was one giant cliché of a horror movie. I didn't know until recently he directed Shopping though (a movie about Jude Law ram raiding shopping centres) which was also quite terrible. Pah, damn you Anderson for screwing up a potentially good film, he rates alongside Stephen Sommers as directors who "just don't have a clue".
Wed 18/08/04 at 22:48
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
This movie is mediaoka, i thought it would be so much more better... thought there would be more action, but there was not... I hate the director for destroying this movie and concept, I hope that they will get a better director if the make a 2nd movie, which would be Probably
Wed 18/08/04 at 22:45
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Such a great concept too.
Wed 18/08/04 at 22:41
Regular
I actually hate whoever destroyed this film.

It's like when someone comes up with the idea of releasing a game about the matrix films, then decide at the last minute they can't be @rsed to finish it properly, in full knowledge that Joe Sucker (the public) will still pay for it, as the franchise has such a great reputation.

Two of my favourite films ever, finally combined, and ruined by some co
I actually quite enjoyed Event Horizon, but even so, I hope you die, mister Anderson.
Wed 18/08/04 at 17:46
Regular
It's crap. You wait ages to become 18, and as soon as you do, there's no 18 rated films out anymore. Instead you get watered down tripe so it'll sell to a wider audience. I see why this is done, but it's sooo bloody annoying.
Wed 18/08/04 at 17:06
"Darth Vader 3442321"
An 18, with a good script and plenty of carnage would have been ok. This just sounds like Robocop 3isming.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.