GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So then, Alien Vs Predator is crap"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/08/04 at 14:02
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Not content with screwing up one franchise, Hollywood it seems has found a way to kill off two in one go. I wasn’t expecting much from an Anderson film, especially after films like Mortal Kombat, Soldier and Resident evil, though after seeing the trailer I thought he’d at least have tried to make a film this time instead of a computer game.

Most of the reviews from the US are panning it, with only a few giving praise calling it a fun “popcorn Flick”, which is a nice way to say “you’ve wasted your money paying full cinema ticket price for a film that should only be used as renting fodder”.

It’s a PG-13 too, why? I don’t understand why Hollywood tries to turn movies made for an adult audience into crappy watered down PG-13 tripeness that negate the point of watching them in the first place. Surely the only reason anyone would want to watch a film called “Alien Vs Predator“ is to see some excessive violence.

Oh well, one potentially good film ruined, I’d have loved to have seen what James Cameron could of done with this film having been linked to it early in development. I’ll probably rent it in a few months, and wait for what could be an even more disastrous Resident Evil sequel, in the mean time [URL]http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/alien_vs_predator/[/URL] it gives you a fair impression of what critics in America think of the movie.
Thu 02/09/04 at 20:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Please forgive me, but I don't even get the point of a AvP movie, or these hybrid films.

I mean, Aliens exist in the Alien universe, the same with Predators. Aliens are evil and nasty but also not because 'it's what they do' and bla. Predators hunt humans and all that crap. AvP2 was a class game..............

Buuuuuuuttttttt.....

It just seems a tad silly to me.
Thu 02/09/04 at 16:14
"Darth Vader 3442321"
My mate, who has seen the film in Thailand (in english) said that the film was "awesome" and this surprised me as he hates most films. For instance he didn't like Blade because he thought that it was impossible for ol Wes Snipes to walk into the Vampire nightclub and kick them all to pieces.

Given that most reviews slate AvP for having too many stupid bits or for having a stupid premise, I'm slightly encouraged by my mate's enthusiasm for the film.
Mon 23/08/04 at 21:47
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Resident evil is bloody awful, although the bit with the laser beams had me laughing my ass off.
Mon 23/08/04 at 21:20
Regular
"Milky Milky"
Ant wrote:
> Resident Evil wasn't THAT bad...

I thought Res Evil was pretty damn good myself...considering what there is to work with...what did people want? 2 hours of running around looking for keys to flimsy wooden doors?
Fri 20/08/04 at 18:59
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I pilfered it, but all i see is 1hr and 2 mins of black screen.

To say i feel annoyed is an understatement.
Fri 20/08/04 at 18:53
Regular
"I like cheese"
Resident Evil wasn't THAT bad...
Fri 20/08/04 at 01:10
Regular
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> I've never seen an Alien film.
>
> Or a Predator film.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I've been missing out, haven't I.
>
> Played AvP2 though.

that's not normal. don't let anyone tell you different.
Thu 19/08/04 at 22:00
Regular
I've never seen an Alien film.

Or a Predator film.

I've been missing out, haven't I.

Played AvP2 though.
Thu 19/08/04 at 16:38
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> I think i shall go and see it just out of curiosity.

no you won't - I forbid you.
Thu 19/08/04 at 08:22
Regular
"Don't let me down"
This does sound like the director has killed this movie franchise already, surley with a flop like resident evil he should never have been given the job to kill 2 of the best horror franchise's in movie business with one stone, sack him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.