GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What A Crowd"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/08/04 at 20:36
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'd just like to say that the crowd at Summerslam was one of the best i've ever seen at a wrestling show, they were so funny. Where else would you find wrestling fans doing a mexican wave during a championship match (take the hint WWE, JBL sucks as champion) and to answer the King's question of why they were booing the diva dodgeball:

Because it's a totally stupid segment and has no place on a wrestling show you pervert, go watch a Jenna Jameson DVD if you want to see women prepared to do anything for cash.

Good to see them boo Edge as well, take that as another hint WWE. Of course they cheer Jericho, he's far more talented and should have the belt right now instead of Randy 'I've only got the belt to screw Lesnar over' Orton

Toronto rules, and yes i am biased :-D
Sat 21/08/04 at 12:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
No i'm saying that's his whole gimmick, the 'whiny' american hero that was based on his olympic win. So if the Canadians will cheer one of the most American guys on the roster then trying to use the nationality card for the fans booing Eugene quite frankly is a load of pish
Sat 21/08/04 at 01:41
Regular
"you've got a beard"
lalakersrule wrote:
> (_B-(I) wrote:

> Of course they booed Eugene. They're Canadian. They boo everyone who
> isn't Canadian.
>
> That's why they were cheering Angle then? Probably the most American
> guy who was on the show seeing as he's got those medals.

*lmao*
you're implying medals define your nationality? :)
Fri 20/08/04 at 19:04
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
There's always the DVD, in a few month's time!
Thu 19/08/04 at 13:26
Regular
"..."
Vampyr wrote:
> bah not having sky sucks. any1 wanna post a review of summerslam for
> me (wwe.com aint workin on this rubbish work exp PC)

I'm watching the replay tonight. Couldn't watch the live version with having to get up for work on Monday morning :|. Then I'll let you know my thoughts.
Thu 19/08/04 at 13:15
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
bah not having sky sucks. any1 wanna post a review of summerslam for me (wwe.com aint workin on this rubbish work exp PC)
Thu 19/08/04 at 13:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea heard about that, those crazy Canucks :-D
Thu 19/08/04 at 13:11
Regular
"..."
lalakersrule wrote:
> Tazz wrote:
> Not greatly
> impressed with the Undertaker/Bradshaw match. Roof of the vehicle
> had
> too much give, y’know? Went through like paper. Nobody was buying
> that.
>
> I thought that too actually, it just looked like a big tear.

The reason for that is that one of the Canadian fans actually broke past security and danced on top of the limo, damaging the rigged roof. Hence it looked so bad by the time JBL and 'taker got up there. Not really someting you can blame the WWE for.
Thu 19/08/04 at 13:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Tazz wrote:
Not greatly
> impressed with the Undertaker/Bradshaw match. Roof of the vehicle had
> too much give, y’know? Went through like paper. Nobody was buying
> that.

I thought that too actually, it just looked like a big tear.
Thu 19/08/04 at 12:59
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
(_B-(I) wrote:

> Of course they booed Eugene. They're Canadian. They boo everyone who
> isn't Canadian.

That's why they were cheering Angle then? Probably the most American guy who was on the show seeing as he's got those medals.
Thu 19/08/04 at 09:59
Regular
"Guess who..."
Ah, fine Pay Per View that one. It's been a long time since I heard a 'heel crowd.' Good standard. Kudos to Benoit and Orton for a pure match -shame the title was involved but it sets up smoothly the break-up of the successful Evolution . On the subject of purity, Kurt Angle's match was grandiose - nice twist to the end of it (OK, that wasn't entirely pure but hey, who's counting?). He looks to be in good shape too, which is more than can be said for one Triple H (Who I respect as one who's had an efficacious career) - Also a good match and William Regal brandishing brass knucks was a real treat. Diva Dogdgeball? What a gyp. I applaud Jerry Lawler (A true wrestling legend) for managing to stick with the whole "Puppies" thing. He was boiling inside really, you gotta believe. I tell ye, whichever one of those $|µt§ wins the Diva search is gonna get a shock when she hits the mat (I assume that’s the idea, or is she just for us to look at? Like I say, a gyp.). Not greatly impressed with the Undertaker/Bradshaw match. Roof of the vehicle had too much give, y’know? Went through like paper. Nobody was buying that. Still, great to see JBL in the main event at SummerSlam. I always knew he’d make a fine champeen back when he was in his Ministry days - a good move by Vince in my wide-shouldered opinion.
A triumphant moment for the Soul family when Edge got booed. Arguably the grandest moment of the night was when he stood in the ring smiling, not knowing whether to be heel or a face and thinking 'Wish I hadn’t done my cruddy entrance now. Don’t I look stupid?'). Either way, Tazz looked like a beast in that suit. I’ll emulate that look this Sunday, no doubt. I’ve probably missed something here but I’m busy enjoying a scotch and a Cuban cigar – I’ll have to go pretty soon. On a side note, Tazz’s (that’s me) “Legend of the Week” is Dr. Tom Prichard. Those of you who’ve purchased Raw Magazine this month will be in agreement with me judging by the photo on page 44. His finest picture I’m sure he’ll agree. People just look at that picture and say “I want to be that man.” There’s something for you all to strive to, folks. Kudos to the photographer for a grand shot. I must get that one in large print. Must dash now. It’ll be great to here ye disagreements with the preceding. Until next time, I’ve been Tazz.

’Nuff said.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.