GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm beginning to like the Olympics."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/08/04 at 13:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's excellent, like a live version of Auntie's Sporting Bloomers. So far 'Great' Britain has managed to lose nearly every event, except for the badminton, and after 4 years of training, came second in the bombing competition. Then one of our most prized athletes jumped in a swimming pool and hit a camera (wtf!?), and proceeded to sob live on television, to millions of people, about how she's wasted 4 years of her life. *slow claps* you spend your life training for this one day, then crap your legs up. Better than that was the bike-riding-lady who rode into a wall. It's like there's been a huge mix-up and we sent our Special Olympics team in for the real thing.

The women's volleyball was pretty good though...
Mon 16/08/04 at 13:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's excellent, like a live version of Auntie's Sporting Bloomers. So far 'Great' Britain has managed to lose nearly every event, except for the badminton, and after 4 years of training, came second in the bombing competition. Then one of our most prized athletes jumped in a swimming pool and hit a camera (wtf!?), and proceeded to sob live on television, to millions of people, about how she's wasted 4 years of her life. *slow claps* you spend your life training for this one day, then crap your legs up. Better than that was the bike-riding-lady who rode into a wall. It's like there's been a huge mix-up and we sent our Special Olympics team in for the real thing.

The women's volleyball was pretty good though...
Mon 16/08/04 at 15:01
Regular
"Selected"
I saw a good event. It was people firing air pistols at targets. The best thing was, instead of the pistols looking all cool and hi-tech, they looked like Victorian dualing pistols. Fun.
Mon 16/08/04 at 15:05
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The outfits the female swimmers wear are straight out of Tron.
Mon 16/08/04 at 15:26
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Tiger Tim monged it up again. We'd get a better result by putting an actual tiger on the court (and it'd be more exciting to watch).
Mon 16/08/04 at 15:36
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
And it would shut the yelping teenage Tim fans up.

"Come on Tiiim-AHHHHHH!!! Some Tiger just bit my face off!"
Mon 16/08/04 at 15:37
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Actually, I'd just like to see a tiger maul Tim Henman, there doesn't have to be any tennis involved.
Mon 16/08/04 at 15:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
You can have "Wolf" from Gladiators fire tennis balls from one of those big gun things too. That would be awesome.
Mon 16/08/04 at 15:46
"Darth Vader 3442321"
If nothing else the Olympics have already been a massive success: the American Basketball Dream Team were beaten by Puerto Rico. Not only beaten but whupped, by 19 points.

USA! USA!

I also liked the fact that the 100m swimming relay was meant to be a battle between the USA and the Aussies. The South Africans won in World record time and USA only got bronze.

Oh and Iraq beat Portugal in the football, though the pitch invasion at full time spolied it for everyone...
Mon 16/08/04 at 15:55
Regular
I find it more amusing that China currently top the medals table...

Still, they've got so many bloody people in their country, they're bound to have some that are good at stuff...
Mon 16/08/04 at 15:59
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
monkey_man wrote:
> You can have "Wolf" from Gladiators fire tennis balls from
> one of those big gun things too. That would be awesome.

Right, so we've basically got Gladiator Tennis. Instead of rackets, participants use those oversized cotton buds, and whilst "Wolf" fires tennis balls, "Hunter" also climbs a ball suspended 20ft above the players, and throws logs and stuff onto the court so players fall over.

Oh, and then there's that Eliminator thing, but I'm not sure how we could use that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.