GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If I was Vince..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/08/04 at 16:59
Regular
"..."
I know DW used to do something similar to this, but it hasn't been done in a while, so here we go, just for a bit of fun...

If you were Vince who would be:-

a) 5 guys you'd hire:-
b) 5 Guys you'd fire:-
c) 5 Girls you'd hire:-
d) 1 Promotion you'd try to buy:-
e) 5 Guys (on the current roster) you'd push:-
f) 5 Guys (ditto) who you'd job out:-

Here's my picks:-
a) AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Low-Ki, Alex Shelley, Necro Butcher
b) A-Train, Matt Morgan, Luther Reigns, Tyson Tomko, John Heidenrich
c) Alicia Webb (AKA Ryan Shamrock), Rain, Simply Luscious, Bull Nakano and Aja Kong
d) CZW, then keep it open as a 'hardcore' wing of the business
e) Mike 'Nova' Bucci; Jamie Noble, Akio, Rob Van Dam, Booker T
f) HHH, Undertaker, Kane, Spike Dudley (sorry, but he needs to know his role...), Rene Dupree, Orlando Jordan
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
This isn't real life though, this is entertainment where it is possible for a 5'5 220 pound guy to beat a 7 foot monster. If you want real fights go watch boxing. Sorry but to me there isn't anything entertaining about a big freak with his steroid pumped veins trying to pop out of his arms using the same generic moveset as all his other big buddies. I like to see variation, i like to see quick paced chain wrestling. Not matches that are about as fast as a snail race. That's just my opinion, you like the big guys, good for you. Personally i can't stand the new ones, i liked the old ones before but these new generation can barely go through a match without botching something.

My two cents.
Tue 17/08/04 at 21:41
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
The way I see it, the WWE is about entertaining the fans. It's not really got a lot to do with realism in the sense of how a 7ft 500lbs man would totally destroy a 6ft 270lbs man. If that were the case, people like the Big Show would have the title for numerous years.

I'm a lot like Congy in a way. I enjoy the technical side and the flowing interchange of moves and reversals. That's why I enjoy watching wrestlers like Angle and Benoit. They tend to go away from the norm by not using punches to set up moves.

I can see your point of view and there are some talented big guys out there. I just don't think the majority of fans would stick around if your ideal world came true. I prefer a wide variety at the top and not just power hitters.

Each to their own and all that. If any of the above makes sense, I've achieved something. :D
Tue 17/08/04 at 18:54
Regular
"Guess who..."
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> And if you were in charge Tazz we'd have to put up with even more
> steroid abusing botch jockeys then we already have.
>
> Hmmm maybe a WWE with Vince in charge isn't so bad given the
> alternative
>
> I'm glad I wasn't the only person thinking that. I will add that I'm
> still waiting for Tazz to explain to me why he thinkls Benoit didn't
> make a good champ and why someone should be pushed to the moon just
> because they are lucky enough to be nearly seven foot and blessed
> with a body-builders physique over hard-work and desire...

Well, first off, because I've proved over recent years that hard work and desire don't truly cut it in the wrestling business. Being 5'9" and having participated in nearly every wrestling tournament available over the past two or three years, I've tried the Heavyweight class on many occasions and admittedly, more often than not, got my ass kicked. And I don't care how much desire you've got, or how much skill or ability you've got, when you're in the ring with a guy who's 6'6" and nearly 300lbs, you're gonna get dropped, and so I'm insulted when I see Chris Benoit on regular occasion picking up victories over guys like Triple H and Batista who could really just simply grab his dirty little face and drive the back of his head into the mat to pick up the win. It's just unrealistic.
I personally was not blessed with a body-builder's physique and have had to work my ass off for the, if I'm honest, rather lowly and pathetic position I'm in now as far as my in-ring "career" (if you can call it that) is concerned. Now, it still elates me to be able to look back at what I accomplished back in Chicago given the amount of criticism I first received when I started out, but either way, all my desire and drudgery could never win me a Heavyweight championship - I wouldn't even accept such a title. Everyone's got their role in life, some are lower than others. My role in my wrestling life is limited by my size, as should be those in the WWE. But the whole 'believe in yourself and you will succeed' theme the company's got going on is becoming beyond a joke. Trust me, believe in yourself, and most of the time, you won't succeed, least of all in the wrestling business.
They say that if it isn't your absolute dream to be the WWE Champion, you don't belong in the WWE - well, just for the record, if by some miracle I ever did break into the WWE, Intercontinental would be as far as I would go, no further. I'd leave the big one for the "steroid abusing botch jockeys" who were clearly born to have it.

'Nuff said. Now mock me, proud mockers. I will spit it right back in your face.
Mon 16/08/04 at 08:52
Regular
"..."
lalakersrule wrote:
> And if you were in charge Tazz we'd have to put up with even more
> steroid abusing botch jockeys then we already have.
>
> Hmmm maybe a WWE with Vince in charge isn't so bad given the
> alternative

I'm glad I wasn't the only person thinking that. I will add that I'm still waiting for Tazz to explain to me why he thinkls Benoit didn't make a good champ and why someone should be pushed to the moon just because they are lucky enough to be nearly seven foot and blessed with a body-builders physique over hard-work and desire...
Sun 15/08/04 at 13:16
Regular
"Better Than You"
Jae wrote:
> Theres no way that Orton should win the title. In my view, it would
> de-value it because he only lost the IC title about a month ago.

I think he should have lost it about 5 month ago. He was alright when he defended it, but more often than not he wasn't defending it. He was a boring IC champion.
Sun 15/08/04 at 11:19
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
If you were Vince who would be:-

a) 5 guys you'd hire:-
b) 5 Guys you'd fire:-
c) 5 Girls you'd hire:-
d) 1 Promotion you'd try to buy:-
e) 5 Guys (on the current roster) you'd push:-
f) 5 Guys (ditto) who you'd job out:-

a) Erm... AJ Styles, Sabu, Raven, Kid Kash, Gangrel (if he isn't already working for them...)
b) Tyson Tomko, Luthor Reigns, A-Train, Hardcore Holly, Matt Morgan
c) Errr, don't really know enough of them outside WWE to be able to say.
d) 3PW
e) Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Kane, Tajiri, Christian
f) Triple H, JBL, Batista, Spike Dudley, Randy Orton (He's good, but he shouldn't be where he is right now. Its way too soon...)
Sun 15/08/04 at 11:05
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Theres no way that Orton should win the title. In my view, it would de-value it because he only lost the IC title about a month ago.
Sun 15/08/04 at 00:05
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i think he's been rushed into it now so as to remove lesnar as the youngest ever champion. but i don't think it would've been long anyway, considering how long he's been in the business, he's VERY good...
Sat 14/08/04 at 21:47
Regular
©H®I§ wrote:
> Finally, some one else (Cong_Woman) who things Randy Orton shouldn't
> be going for the World Heavyweight Title and should stick to
> Intercontinental but not winning it, he is boring.

Cong Woman isn't the only one who thinks that...the majority of regulars on this forum think that Randy shouldn't be going for the World Title. I think it's only Ant who thinks he should...but he's blinded by his love for Randy :P
Sat 14/08/04 at 19:25
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Hmm... I'll post my picks tomorrow... :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.