GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If I was Vince..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 13/08/04 at 16:59
Regular
"..."
I know DW used to do something similar to this, but it hasn't been done in a while, so here we go, just for a bit of fun...

If you were Vince who would be:-

a) 5 guys you'd hire:-
b) 5 Guys you'd fire:-
c) 5 Girls you'd hire:-
d) 1 Promotion you'd try to buy:-
e) 5 Guys (on the current roster) you'd push:-
f) 5 Guys (ditto) who you'd job out:-

Here's my picks:-
a) AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Low-Ki, Alex Shelley, Necro Butcher
b) A-Train, Matt Morgan, Luther Reigns, Tyson Tomko, John Heidenrich
c) Alicia Webb (AKA Ryan Shamrock), Rain, Simply Luscious, Bull Nakano and Aja Kong
d) CZW, then keep it open as a 'hardcore' wing of the business
e) Mike 'Nova' Bucci; Jamie Noble, Akio, Rob Van Dam, Booker T
f) HHH, Undertaker, Kane, Spike Dudley (sorry, but he needs to know his role...), Rene Dupree, Orlando Jordan
Thu 19/08/04 at 16:44
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Tazz wrote:
> (By the way, try eating a lot of fat. If
> your tall and lanky, chances are you burn fat easily. Ain’t no
> protein supplements gonna do you any good.)

quality.
thanks dude, i'll give that a go.
nice one...
>
> I don't think these big guys
> should be pushed to the bottom. Least of all Batista, I honestly
> don't care about anyone else. That guy should be the Champion. He's
> got the build of a true Heavyweight, I doubt he continues to use
> steroids as that has many a time been cause for penalization within
> the WWE, he keeps himself in great shape and can wrestle like a true
> pro.

aaaaaah, you were doing SO well until that last sentence!!
he is in tremendous shape, there's no question of that but i don't feel he's up to scratch in the ring yet. He's improving a LOT though so in a year or so i'd say he'll be able to put on a really good match but for now he's just a few power moves and some questionable timing. needs to work on his selling a bit too, but like i said, he's really improved lately.

> And this is Pro Wrestling. Very much different to
> Amateur, I'm sure you'll all know. Chris Benoit - great technical
> wrestler. I have much respect for the guy in that. Still, Batista's
> in much better shape and is above 4ft tall! Yet,
> Batista's lingering round the Intercontinental division like it's all
> he could amount to.

nah, i say he's only there because of his position in evolution dude, well, that and his ability level. i think he'll get in the running for the heavyweight title in a year or so, but at this point in time the WWE are trying to get away from big power moves and seem to be going more for mat wrestling so Benoit is deservedly right near the top of the pile.

> He ain't slow like a lot of the big guys - he's
> amazingly athletic considering his size.

totally.
i'd like to have seen him vs lesnar in a year or so, when both guys would have been up to scratch.

> He hasn't "botched" anything so far as I can see.

his timing was still off on a few occasions as recently as Summerslam, he failed to fall through the ropes to the floor and had to have Edge re-clothesline him over the top. let's look at that a little, he failed to fall through the ropes... it's not even a move!!! :S

but watch him closely, he'll be awsome in the near future i think...
Thu 19/08/04 at 13:13
Regular
"..."
Vampyr wrote:
> hes a cheap imitation of the great scott steiner. ooh big poppa pump.

Except Scott was a great wrestler when he was in WCW with his brother. He invented the Frankensteiner (now called the Hurricanrana) and could do it all in the ring. It's a shame he got so pumped that it actually wrecked his ability. Before that he was a great amateur too.
Thu 19/08/04 at 13:13
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Vampyr wrote:
> hes a cheap imitation of the great scott steiner. ooh big poppa pump.

But with twice the steroids pumping through his body, and that takes some doing to beat Steiner :-D
Thu 19/08/04 at 13:11
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
hes a cheap imitation of the great scott steiner. ooh big poppa pump.
Thu 19/08/04 at 13:09
Regular
"..."
IMHO Batista should not be pushed because he has a lot to learn about humility. Reports from various source state that he is quiet and akward backstage and has an attitude towards fans that could be considered unprofessional. One backstage source is even quoted as describing an incident where Batista refused to sign autographs for a bunch of disabled children. He shouldn't even be in the WWE, as he is creating a bad impression on the fans (and with Raw currently doing around a 3.2 rating, they NEED every fan)

Now I'll get on to his ring work. I'm no expert, having never stepped in the ring. But he looks among the stiffest workers in the WWE. His clothesline in particular looks likely to break someone's jaw and it's no wonder that various people do not want to work with him. His powerbomb looks sloppy, but credit where it is due, his spinebuster looks amazing. But hang on, that's just one move he's mastered. There are a variety of moves a power wrestler can add to their arsenal to make themselves look competent. The side walk slam, the military press and the chokeslam for example. But no, Batista sticks rigidely to his powerbomb, his spinebuster, his clothesline and his punches. All hundred of them every match he wrestles. Now, Tazz would argue that when these moves are devestating they are enough and he has a point. But a WWE champion should have enough vairety to keep a main event length match interesting. Has Batista got enough moves to fill 30 minutes? No. So he'll either have to bore the fans sensless, or take the majority of the beating, which is contradictory to the animal WWE are putting him across as (this was what went wrong with Goldberg). So he's best off not being pushed and participating in short matches until he fills out his repetoire.

But there is one more thing that will stop him ever being a WWE main-eventer. The fact that they guy has the charisma of a wooden box means he won't be cutting promos any time soon and everyone knows, the WWE builds it's feuds around what is said rather than what is done...
Thu 19/08/04 at 13:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Missed the tag match then with Edge and Benoit vs Him and Flair i think it was a few weeks ago when he went to clothesline Edge over the ropes, Edge ducks and Batista doesn't manage to get over the ropes, so he stands on Edge for about 5 seconds and for some reason just jumps and tries to get back over the ropes, fails again and finally Edge puts the lump out of misery by chucking him over the ropes.

The guy can't even slap on a realistic looking armbar
Thu 19/08/04 at 10:28
Regular
"Guess who..."
Very_Metal wrote:
> Batista does have an amazing physique though, even without the
> steroids you can tell he's got a bodybuilders build.
>
> although, the flipside of that is Spike Dudley. i'd say i'm probably
> in his class as far as bulk goes (i have a bigger build than him, but
> find it quite hard to gain muscle growth, no matter how much i work
> out or how many protein supplemets i take) and no, he will NEVER get
> the big strap, but he's doing what he loves for the biggest promotion
> on the planet and he's getting tv time. to me, that DEFINITELY
> constitutes success.

I'll put an Amen to that. (By the way, try eating a lot of fat. If your tall and lanky, chances are you burn fat easily. Ain’t no protein supplements gonna do you any good.)

In regard to previous comments. Don't get me wrong (I do hate that phrase, for the record. When will they invent a new one?), I'm a big fan of chain wrestling, Tazz was a beast at that back in the day, and I love a good technical match. But I don't think these big guys should be pushed to the bottom. Least of all Batista, I honestly don't care about anyone else. That guy should be the Champion. He's got the build of a true Heavyweight, I doubt he continues to use steroids as that has many a time been cause for penalization within the WWE, he keeps himself in great shape and can wrestle like a true pro. And this is Pro Wrestling. Very much different to Amateur, I'm sure you'll all know. Chris Benoit - great technical wrestler. I have much respect for the guy in that. Still, Batista's in much better shape and is above 4ft tall! Yet, Batista's lingering round the Intercontinental division like it's all he could amount to. He ain't slow like a lot of the big guys - he's amazingly athletic considering his size. I just don't get what you could have against him. He hasn't "botched" anything so far as I can see.

Yuri_Fan wrote:
> If I was Vince McMahon Jnr, I would:
>
> stop walking as if I've just peed myself.

Vince McMahon's strut is the finest in the business. I use it myself wherever I go.

'Nuff said.
Wed 18/08/04 at 20:39
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
If I was Vince McMahon Jnr, I would:

stop walking as if I've just peed myself.
Wed 18/08/04 at 15:13
Regular
"..."
I agree with a lot of what was said below, but I don't agree with Tazz saying that a Big Man will always beat a small man. If we trace wrestling back to it's roots, in England anyway, shoot-fighting, it was about finding ways to inflict pain upon your opponent, how to tie them up in holds that they couldn't take, it was never about the supposed power that a big man has (oh yes, there is a difference between 'roid muscles and muscles that are there for strength anyways). Even to modern times, if you look at the UFC, it is not dominated by it's largest competitors, but instead by it's most skilful, guys like Ken Shamrock, Tito Ortiz and Mirko Cro Cop (and going further back, Dan Severn and the Gracies) are small by WWE standards, but they dominate through speed and skill. So I don't accept that it is realistic to expect a small guy to get a pasting from a big guy.
Tue 17/08/04 at 23:49
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Batista does have an amazing physique though, even without the steroids you can tell he's got a bodybuilders build.

although, the flipside of that is Spike Dudley. i'd say i'm probably in his class as far as bulk goes (i have a bigger build than him, but find it quite hard to gain muscle growth, no matter how much i work out or how many protein supplemets i take) and no, he will NEVER get the big strap, but he's doing what he loves for the biggest promotion on the planet and he's getting tv time. to me, that DEFINITELY constitutes success.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.