GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP to be delayed in Europe till September..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/01/05 at 14:05
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Would have quite an interesting effect on the battle. Giving Nintendo a 6 month headstart.

Will Sony let it happen? Is getting more systems out in the US really more important? Does the fact that there is not enough titles ready for launch matter?

Nintendo's launch of the DS went perfectly, and the PSPs seems to have been shrouded in misery. Ninja disks, dodgy buttons, pants battery life...
Do Sony deserve to fail? Part of me hopes so, but part of me understands the need for a bit of competition for Nintendo. I mean Nintendo didn't really do too well at supplying many decent games on the GBA! But of sodding re-releases. Then they moan at Sony going "All that's going to be on PSP are PS2 ports. {winge winge}" Part of me thinks Nintendo does need a slap, and some competition to make them pull their a***s into gear and give us a solid flow of games for a change, rather than moaning about everyone else.

But then on the other hand, there's a part of me which will always love Nintendo, and doesn't want to see them get a whooping again from Sony. Time will tell which'll turn out to be the most popular. My moneys on the DS, cos I'm gonna buy at least two. One for me, and one for the misses on her birthday. Hope that Doctor game comes out, cos she'd love it, but I don't hold much hope for it coming out anywhere other than Japan. :(

Anyways, delayed PSP! Oh yer. Let it be so!

:)
Mon 31/01/05 at 14:05
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Would have quite an interesting effect on the battle. Giving Nintendo a 6 month headstart.

Will Sony let it happen? Is getting more systems out in the US really more important? Does the fact that there is not enough titles ready for launch matter?

Nintendo's launch of the DS went perfectly, and the PSPs seems to have been shrouded in misery. Ninja disks, dodgy buttons, pants battery life...
Do Sony deserve to fail? Part of me hopes so, but part of me understands the need for a bit of competition for Nintendo. I mean Nintendo didn't really do too well at supplying many decent games on the GBA! But of sodding re-releases. Then they moan at Sony going "All that's going to be on PSP are PS2 ports. {winge winge}" Part of me thinks Nintendo does need a slap, and some competition to make them pull their a***s into gear and give us a solid flow of games for a change, rather than moaning about everyone else.

But then on the other hand, there's a part of me which will always love Nintendo, and doesn't want to see them get a whooping again from Sony. Time will tell which'll turn out to be the most popular. My moneys on the DS, cos I'm gonna buy at least two. One for me, and one for the misses on her birthday. Hope that Doctor game comes out, cos she'd love it, but I don't hold much hope for it coming out anywhere other than Japan. :(

Anyways, delayed PSP! Oh yer. Let it be so!

:)
Mon 31/01/05 at 14:10
Regular
"Touched!"
Where is your source to say it's been delayed..this is very interesting if it's true :P
Mon 31/01/05 at 14:10
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Where did you hear/read this?
Mon 31/01/05 at 14:11
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Yes, because if you own or like one handheld console you are automatically prohibited from owning or liking other handheld consoles. Death to the PSP! In other news, the annual Volkwagon vs Ford owners-club fight is well underway, with observers claiming it to be the closest such contest in years. Stay tuned!
Mon 31/01/05 at 14:17
Regular
"8==="
Crap competition is still competition.

Nintendo are nasty in the marketplace, give them a rival with a weakness and they'll exploit that weakness quickly, efficiently and tirelessly.

Unless it's something to do with Europe. :D
Mon 31/01/05 at 14:22
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Where is your source to say it's been delayed..this is very
> interesting if it's true :P

I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows an old wise man, who knows a magical fish called Monty!

Or it could be a good mate of mine I met in town who works in a games shop...

Sounds like a very plausible outcome though.

;)
Mon 31/01/05 at 14:23
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Miserableman wrote:
> Yes, because if you own or like one handheld console you are
> automatically prohibited from owning or liking other handheld
> consoles. Death to the PSP! In other news, the annual Volkwagon vs
> Ford owners-club fight is well underway, with observers claiming it
> to be the closest such contest in years. Stay tuned!

You cannot compare the battle between the DS and PSP to car companies. There are hundreds of car manufacturers out there and competition is spread. This battle is between only 2 companies and it is gonna be one hell of a battle!
Mon 31/01/05 at 14:25
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
N64 Fan wrote:
> You cannot compare the battle between the DS and PSP to car
> companies. There are hundreds of car manufacturers out there and
> competition is spread. This battle is between only 2 companies and it
> is gonna be one hell of a battle!

One battle to decide the fate of Middle Earth...
Mon 31/01/05 at 14:25
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Cooky wrote:

> I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows an old wise man, who knows a
> magical fish called Monty!

Oh! my old pal Monty!

> Or it could be a good mate of mine I met in town who works in a games
> shop...

You have a mate?

> Sounds like a very plausible outcome though.

It sounds plausible. My heart (and hopes) is with the DS but I just know my gambling money should be with the PSP!
Mon 31/01/05 at 14:26
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Cao wrote:
> One battle to decide the fate of Middle Earth...

Bring it on...........................

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.