GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP to be delayed in Europe till September..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/01/05 at 14:05
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Would have quite an interesting effect on the battle. Giving Nintendo a 6 month headstart.

Will Sony let it happen? Is getting more systems out in the US really more important? Does the fact that there is not enough titles ready for launch matter?

Nintendo's launch of the DS went perfectly, and the PSPs seems to have been shrouded in misery. Ninja disks, dodgy buttons, pants battery life...
Do Sony deserve to fail? Part of me hopes so, but part of me understands the need for a bit of competition for Nintendo. I mean Nintendo didn't really do too well at supplying many decent games on the GBA! But of sodding re-releases. Then they moan at Sony going "All that's going to be on PSP are PS2 ports. {winge winge}" Part of me thinks Nintendo does need a slap, and some competition to make them pull their a***s into gear and give us a solid flow of games for a change, rather than moaning about everyone else.

But then on the other hand, there's a part of me which will always love Nintendo, and doesn't want to see them get a whooping again from Sony. Time will tell which'll turn out to be the most popular. My moneys on the DS, cos I'm gonna buy at least two. One for me, and one for the misses on her birthday. Hope that Doctor game comes out, cos she'd love it, but I don't hold much hope for it coming out anywhere other than Japan. :(

Anyways, delayed PSP! Oh yer. Let it be so!

:)
Sun 06/02/05 at 11:46
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
K, here you go. News from Sony bods that the PSP will probably be launched in the EU around summertime.

[URL]http://games.kikizo.com/news/200502/026.asp[/URL]

:D
Tue 01/02/05 at 20:05
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Yup, it's the games that make the console, not the graphics, medium, storage space, battery etc.
Tue 01/02/05 at 19:58
"period drama"
Well, with the DS, the hardware has a direct effect on the software.
But still, it's the games themselves that'll make it work, the hardware alone is useless.
Tue 01/02/05 at 19:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Blank wrote:
> It doesn't mean better games, but it is a contributing factor to the
> console in itself.

Yes that's a fair point, but arguing which hardware is better is a futile task, because, ultimately, the hardware is nothing without the software.
Tue 01/02/05 at 19:45
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> It's much more selective on handhelds.

Think part of the reason might be that handhelds games don't seem to devalue as much as proper console games. You can find old console games new/2nd hand for a tenner or less. But can you find many GBA games for that price? No! Tiss a pain. As I'm not likely to ever spend more than £15 on a game nowadays.

:)
Tue 01/02/05 at 19:44
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
gerrid wrote:
> Better graphics from the PSP doesn't mean better games or better
> console.

It doesn't mean better games, but it is a contributing factor to the console in itself.
Tue 01/02/05 at 19:39
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Macintosh wrote:
> I have on a number of ocasions said stated how the DVD format holds
> more than Nintendo's Cube's effort (whatever you want to call it).
> I have said many times that PS2 DVD movie player is and was a reason
> for a significant number of people choosing that console. This is now
> PSP does have better graphics - infact even many Nintendo fans admit
> this.
> PSP has a scratch resistant screen - although I admit it still may
> not last.
> PSP has out sold DS 2 weeks running. This is fact.

Congratulations on piling up a load of useless facts. None of them actually MEAN anything or are anything to do with any of the arguments. I don't recall anyone disputing any of these facts.

Your problem is that you then make up ridiculous conclusions from these unrelated pieces of trivia. Explain how the DVD format being bigger has any relevance? I know you'll say that GC couldn't do GTA, but the PC rip of GTAVC is only 1.3MB including all the sound. GC discs are 1.5MB. Anything bigger just comes on two discs, which is not a problem. You can harp on about storage space all you want but the truth it that it has never ever made a difference to the quality of a game.

Better graphics from the PSP doesn't mean better games or better console. PSP may have sold better in the last two weeks but the DS sold better in the 2 weeks before that.

Your facts are useless and don't contribute to any argument.

The fact that you slate the Dreamcast based on its processor just proves how ridiculous you really are.
Tue 01/02/05 at 18:52
"period drama"
Oh I see.
Yeah, that's the thing, you never get as excited about handheld games as with console ones. So don't buy as many.

It's much more selective on handhelds.
Tue 01/02/05 at 18:43
Regular
I meant that generally you, as a handheld owner, won't buy as many games than you would for a console.
Tue 01/02/05 at 18:43
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Dringo wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Silly buggers.
>
> Yeah, especially as they've not progressed past the second edition.
>
> Where's the rest I wonder? Wasn't there supposed to be a movie or
> something?

Shenmue Online is in development.

But that's not what I want. I want Shenmue 3! NOW!!!

:'(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.