GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Streets......."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/08/04 at 14:16
Regular
...Someone, please, tell me.

How the F*F**K did they manage to become famous for GOOD reasons? I mean, if they were running for the award of 'least talented', then....

If there's any The Streets detesters, please join in with your rebukements and shunning.

If there are any Streets fans, please tell us-

What do you see in them?
Tue 10/08/04 at 16:53
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Not my type of music, but I can easily listen to The Streets, unlike most Busted/McFly/Daniel Beddigfields Whinny Sister pop crap that pollutes the airwaves these days.
Tue 10/08/04 at 16:42
Regular
"indecipherable"
The Streets are awful, like a constant drone backed by tasteless babble and offbeat rythm. Besides, they dont sing or rap, they talk, but in the most lyrically lacking sense. Ive heard mumbles from sleeping siblings better than the streets!
Tue 10/08/04 at 15:57
Regular
If you hate them so much, why post about them?

The idea is to ignore it.

Moron.
Tue 10/08/04 at 15:55
Regular
The Streets are excellent, in my opinion.

Something a little different to all this modern day pop.
Tue 10/08/04 at 15:51
Regular
What I don't understand is why people seem to ahte them so much.
I don't particularly like the band, I think they're OK, but, he talks to music, to a beat,, he doesn't jsut randomly talk over the music, it's singing without notes. It's music. It's not random, hell, it makes more sense than some of the best songs in the world.

Really, can you put meaning to the words of any "real" rock songs? It's jibberish, with good instruments.
Tue 10/08/04 at 15:03
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> Mike Skinner is a modern day poet.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha

> yet it still manages to retain a 'high-brow' element.

hahahahahahahahahahahaaha
Good one!

> If
> you don't get it, then it's because of what you have been conditioned
> to understand as music.
>
> Let's push things forward.

Oh. You were serious?

Hahahahahaahahahahaha
Tue 10/08/04 at 14:40
Regular
Kilgore Trout wrote:
> I went to the Tate Modern on Saturday for the Edward Hopper
> exhibition.
>
> It was very good.

Did you wander about the place?

Did you spot the big canvas painted solid blue, hailed as ART?! I wouldn't mind, but I bet it's worth thousands and thousands.

Outrage.

I totally miss the point of everything in there.
Tue 10/08/04 at 14:30
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
I went to the Tate Modern on Saturday for the Edward Hopper exhibition.

It was very good.
Tue 10/08/04 at 14:28
Regular
†hë_Çøñg_Mðñ wrote:
> Mike Skinner is a modern day poet. If you don't like poetry, you won't
> like the Streets.

Poetry my ar$e.

Unless you relate 'modern poetry' to things like 'modern art', an over-rated thing that people put too much acclaim towards. Tate modern art Gallery is the biggest piece of crap I've ever set foot on.
Tue 10/08/04 at 14:24
Regular
"..."
Mike Skinner is a modern day poet. If you don't like poetry, you won't like the Streets. Sure what he does is document his life, but then thats about 200% less pretentious than the poetry you would have read at school, yet it still manages to retain a 'high-brow' element. If you don't get it, then it's because of what you have been conditioned to understand as music.

Let's push things forward.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.