GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Streets......."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/08/04 at 14:16
Regular
...Someone, please, tell me.

How the F*F**K did they manage to become famous for GOOD reasons? I mean, if they were running for the award of 'least talented', then....

If there's any The Streets detesters, please join in with your rebukements and shunning.

If there are any Streets fans, please tell us-

What do you see in them?
Wed 11/08/04 at 14:35
Regular
I have a certain fondness for the first album as well.

Excellent in my opinion.
Wed 11/08/04 at 13:59
Regular
I prefer the first album, but they are both great.

Open your ears, stop listening to it through a "PopStars Filter". Just because it's not happy and bouncy and simple and easily forgotten doesn't make it bad.
Wed 11/08/04 at 12:11
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
I put it that anyone who
> thinks the lyrics to Dry Your Eyes are crap has either a) never had a
> girlfriend or b) has never broken up with one.
>

Exactly.
Wed 11/08/04 at 10:21
Regular
Anotehr band that talks over music well

Faithless.
And they're dance
But wait, they're good!

Talking over music (It's rapping, sort of) doesn't automatically mak it crap, and the lyrics are good, Dry Your Eyes is brilliant.
Tue 10/08/04 at 21:29
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Okay, first of all, it's not 'just talking over music'. It's called rapping. Just because he's not black and singing about his bling bling and his Crystal, doesn't mean it's not rapping.

If you think he's just writing about any old rubbish, then I suggest you listen to his new album in its entirety - it's concept album, the whole thing spreading over one day, each track telling a different bit of the story. Individually they might sound like crap, but in the context of the album, they're much better. (And just because you don't down brandies, chase after girls and eat kebabs, doesn't mean he's 'faking it').

It's not to everyone's tastes, granted. But it's not crap, you just don't like it. There's garage music out there that makes this sound like Tchaikovsky, you just don't hear it because this is on the radio more than the others. There's crappy dance music, soulless pop songs, dreadful covers and 'grown up' guitar bands like Busted and McFly in the charts that don't have one ounce of the soul or reality that you can find in some Streets songs. I put it that anyone who thinks the lyrics to Dry Your Eyes are crap has either a) never had a girlfriend or b) has never broken up with one.

I don't listen to classical music, but I don't call it crap. If it's on the radio or the telly, turn it over. Get over it, won't you.
Tue 10/08/04 at 18:11
Regular
ginger_04 wrote:
> Something a little different to all this modern day pop.

Sorry to bother you but there were years before 2004, and music was made in those years. We're not restricted to what's only been recently made. If we were, I'd absolutely die.
Tue 10/08/04 at 17:20
Regular
"2004"
yea you Moron!!!!!
Tue 10/08/04 at 17:19
Regular
"2004"
The Streets are excellent, in my opinion.
Something a little different to all this modern day pop.
Tue 10/08/04 at 17:13
Regular
gamesfreak wrote:
> If you hate them so much, why post about them?
>
> The idea is to ignore it.
>
> Moron.

Well, my plan was to kinda voice my narrow-minded point of view in the vain attempt to make people see it my way.

I was seeking answers, so I could laugh at those answers.
Tue 10/08/04 at 17:10
Regular
cipro wrote:
> Not my type of music, but I can easily listen to The Streets, unlike
> most Busted/McFly/Daniel Beddigfields Whinny Sister pop crap that
> pollutes the airwaves these days.

Now that I really agree with. But it's easy to see why they're famous, as they're all poofs, so they appeal to girls like that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.