GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"passion for music: yeah you think so!!!! but can you back it up?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/08/04 at 10:09
Regular
"wish_i_could_play"
Passion for music? Yeah you think so!!! But can you back it up? Even if it's not what is "in" right now, or ever? I was given advice by a freind of mine to "explore" what music really ment to me. He said "no art is bad art, just an expression of yourself, or someone else". It kills me to see so much talent "fall through the cracks" because of business. If you or anyone you know has REAL MUSIC (not anything played on some radio!!!!), make this a chat for undiscovered talent, because no music is bad(and I really don't care if you agree with me on that) but GOOD music is hard to find. Help yourself or a friend by posting anything that isn't played on a radio and have fun with this post.
Tue 10/08/04 at 12:47
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> So this is to be the "how cool can I try make myself look by
> raving about probably useless bands/artists who no one else has ever
> heard of" thread?
>
> *thinks of someone no one will have heard of*
>
> Translation : "I'm fat and listen to Britney Spears"

Translation: "I'm trying to think of those cool bands right now because I must look cool"

Seriously though, does anyone claim to really know music because I'd say there was simply too much for anyone to be able to do that. If you do then I've got a heap of JPop I could do with translations for....
Tue 10/08/04 at 12:44
Regular
Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> So this is to be the "how cool can I try make myself look by
> raving about probably useless bands/artists who no one else has ever
> heard of" thread?
>
> *thinks of someone no one will have heard of*

Translation : "I'm fat and listen to Britney Spears"
Tue 10/08/04 at 12:13
Regular
lol dude you have issues...
Tue 10/08/04 at 11:12
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
newmusicfinder wrote:
>MP3 converters? all you have to do is look up mp3 converters on the net

Actually, it's pretty easy to do: All you need do is record onto a CD, and then use a CD Copy program or Media Player to convert files into MP3 (Or WMA/WAV, both are good as well) for use later.
Tue 10/08/04 at 10:57
Regular
"wish_i_could_play"
by the way if anyone would want to teach me about promotion and just let this thing die email me at [email protected] because i am a young musician not a business expert.
Tue 10/08/04 at 10:42
Regular
"wish_i_could_play"
I am pretty damn drunk, so i am a little insane but i have had many of my songs recorded ( but don't believe me on that, check it out for yourselves which if it is anything like this you'll never find me but that's o.k. because who needs it) i just wanted to have a place where bands got a chance. MP3 converters? all you have to do is look up mp3 converters on the net, that may help you otherwise i don't belive this is true (but sometimes people leave you wondering especially when it comes to business) i was told "it's all about promotion" please just let this topic die because i already screwed up
Tue 10/08/04 at 10:06
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
That comment really was a bit insane.

I am in a band myself, and we aren't exactly perfect, but we're aiming to record some stuff and put it on CDs/convert it into MP3s. Your band should try that as well: It's a good way to see where you're going right or wrong, but also so you have proof that you are a band who can make music. Recording equipment can be hired out, and there are shops where you can hire out a small recording studio for a few hours at varying prices. Remember, this is how Nirvana recorded their first album, and the sound quality is pretty good for the late 1980s- think about the quality you'd get for this now. It would be pretty expensive, but if you have enough cash and talent, well worth it.
Tue 10/08/04 at 09:57
Regular
"wish_i_could_play"
mabey it's just me, and I'm not perfect but I thought there were other people out there that loved unheard music that gets left far behind from others. I play in a band, and I know we suck but when did all the politics come into play? why can't there just be a place where I can can learn about other bands like mine (somewhat) and just love playing for playing. when did music get to the point where you have to promote and sell your soul" just to get a chance to play. what the hell. i don't care if i get banned or if i lose everything i just wnat to play.does anyone out there no anyone or is a person who feels like that? probably not because i am a fool who thougt someone out there would might know me. i just wanted to say this just to let everyone learn (and i hope you all don't think this is true but find a way to work around it so i did some good somewhere) let a professional handle your stuff or you get screwed by EVERYONE. thankyou for your time and live hard, die young, and follow your soul!!!!! DON'T LET ANYONE BREAK YOU!!!! THEY ARE NOT YOU, YOU ARE YOU BREAK THE SYSTEM. DON'T SUCK UP LIVE YOUR LIFE! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mon 09/08/04 at 17:33
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
They aint as underground as some bands, but The Dillenger Escape Plan have some awesome tracks. Get "Setting Fire To Sleeping Giants" off the new album "Miss Machine". Its sort of techno-rock, really good use of instruments...
Mon 09/08/04 at 06:07
Regular
"wish_i_could_play"
thank you for giving me some new information as far as i am trying to make myself look cool, i find that funny. thanks to all the bands that linked up i found a lot of interesting stuff I LIKE, but i am sure "stranger in paradise" has his opinion. PLEASE KEEP ON SENDING ME NEW ARTISTS!! you guys rock! (by the way, "stranger in paradise" i don't care what you think, but if you want to keep posting idea's feel free i find them very intertaining) and i do agree that all music, as long as it has soul, is good. i am just looking for bands with soul that i haven't heard. that to me is real music, the first listen and the excitement of finding something new, unheard of, and filled with personal meaning. but i guess all music is like that which takes me back to my original point. keep on finding those bands PLEASE.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.