GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"passion for music: yeah you think so!!!! but can you back it up?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/08/04 at 10:09
Regular
"wish_i_could_play"
Passion for music? Yeah you think so!!! But can you back it up? Even if it's not what is "in" right now, or ever? I was given advice by a freind of mine to "explore" what music really ment to me. He said "no art is bad art, just an expression of yourself, or someone else". It kills me to see so much talent "fall through the cracks" because of business. If you or anyone you know has REAL MUSIC (not anything played on some radio!!!!), make this a chat for undiscovered talent, because no music is bad(and I really don't care if you agree with me on that) but GOOD music is hard to find. Help yourself or a friend by posting anything that isn't played on a radio and have fun with this post.
Wed 11/08/04 at 21:59
Regular
"wish_i_could_play"
thanks for the sit. any others
Wed 11/08/04 at 14:03
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
newmusicfinder I don't think anyone is trying to have a go at you about what you said, (I wasn't anyhow) they're just trying to understand the point you were making at first... So, meh, don't get all defensive about it, have a discussion about it, much more interesting.

Anyway, go to: http://www.unitepunk.co.uk/mp3.htm

That's my site, I've got a few MP3s on it with permission from bands. Jetplane Landing are now pretty big, but HeroesForSale are unsigned I think (may have broken up infact, don't think they're website's been updated in ages), and AKO have just released a new single, but they're pretty unheard of too, but very good.
Wed 11/08/04 at 14:01
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Wow that was quite an effort to read.
Wed 11/08/04 at 10:23
Regular
"wish_i_could_play"
you all have missed the point i just want to hear other bands play. "no art is bad art it is all art" (and yes mabey I am insane) if you can't let this die lets just please give other artists a chance to "promote" their music. By the way if you can please tell me the artist you are talking about if you refer me to a "total" site please. as far as the business of this, if all you are in is in the business email me and give me advise otherwise let this die PLEASE. if there are a lot of friends of musicians or musicians that see this I'M LOOKING FOR EVERYONE TO GET A CHANCE!!! I don't know polotics and I don't know music as much as I would like but come on this chat forum has no purpose if people can't help other people. kick me off, let this die, but I was told this was the next "explosion". True music is everywhere and mabey I didn't get my point across at the begining, but all I care about is hearing SOMETHING NEW. So crucify the idealist.
Tue 10/08/04 at 19:12
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Do you really listen to Britney?

Nope, she went crap after the first album. Taken an interest in some of the Jpop stuff now, but obviously only the stuff with plenty of english, there's some really good stuff come out, and a massive cheap back catalogue - plus loads of it comes with free gifts, wacky packaging, etc

Anyway, what is mainstream? The Top 40? Not really, because even the top seller has only been bought by less than 1% of the UK population, which usually means 99% of people didn't think the song was even worth 1.99 or 2.99. Same with albums.

For many people mainstream=popular, but again all this is useful for is creating a parallel unpopular, or indie, or alternative, or (choose your own word) etc grouping of music. And neither group of music is guaranteed to be of much merit - both have atrocious examples.

Then take classical music, arguably a genre where the most real genius is - after all some of it has been heard by people for hundreds of years and the names of those who wrote it live on in history, yet it's no way "mainstream".

The point of this rant? I'm not sure, buy I'm pretty certain there is no longer any real mainstream...
Tue 10/08/04 at 17:36
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
By the way, back to the original post, surely it's a contradiction to talk about 'real' music as music that isn't on the radio, then say all music is good music? Surely music that isn't real isn't good? I'm not saying all music on the Radio is bad. Despite popular belief there are some shows that play 'underground' music. It just seems the original post contradicts itself...

Dillenger Escape Plan were mentioned earlier. They were played on Radio 1 last week on The Lockup. I think it's on tonight at 9pm. That plays punk, hardcore, ska and a bit of hip-hop (occasionally some heavier drum and bass too...)
Tue 10/08/04 at 17:31
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
*Highly Excitable* wrote:
> They aint as underground as some bands, but The Dillenger Escape Plan
> have some awesome tracks. Get "Setting Fire To Sleeping
> Giants" off the new album "Miss Machine". Its sort of
> techno-rock, really good use of instruments...

Should be seeing em at Reading this year. May download some tracks before hand. I heard one of the tracks off the EP they did with Mike Patton. It was insane. Kinda like Atari Teenage Riot. Well, possibly not quite that insane. Was only one track mind.
Tue 10/08/04 at 16:41
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Do you really listen to Britney?
Tue 10/08/04 at 16:14
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
No.

Don't blame me if your "sarcasm" module wasn't plugged in when you hit the reply link...
Tue 10/08/04 at 13:03
Regular
So you're basically saying that anyone who isn't into mainstream music and attempts to recommend an artist or band to another person is trying to come off looking cool?

Riiiiiiiiiiiight...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.