GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"passion for music: yeah you think so!!!! but can you back it up?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/08/04 at 10:09
Regular
"wish_i_could_play"
Passion for music? Yeah you think so!!! But can you back it up? Even if it's not what is "in" right now, or ever? I was given advice by a freind of mine to "explore" what music really ment to me. He said "no art is bad art, just an expression of yourself, or someone else". It kills me to see so much talent "fall through the cracks" because of business. If you or anyone you know has REAL MUSIC (not anything played on some radio!!!!), make this a chat for undiscovered talent, because no music is bad(and I really don't care if you agree with me on that) but GOOD music is hard to find. Help yourself or a friend by posting anything that isn't played on a radio and have fun with this post.
Sun 08/08/04 at 10:09
Regular
"wish_i_could_play"
Passion for music? Yeah you think so!!! But can you back it up? Even if it's not what is "in" right now, or ever? I was given advice by a freind of mine to "explore" what music really ment to me. He said "no art is bad art, just an expression of yourself, or someone else". It kills me to see so much talent "fall through the cracks" because of business. If you or anyone you know has REAL MUSIC (not anything played on some radio!!!!), make this a chat for undiscovered talent, because no music is bad(and I really don't care if you agree with me on that) but GOOD music is hard to find. Help yourself or a friend by posting anything that isn't played on a radio and have fun with this post.
Sun 08/08/04 at 11:57
Regular
"8==="
My Album:

[URL]http://stage.vitaminic.co.uk/hedfix/[/URL]
Sun 08/08/04 at 11:58
Regular
"lets go back"
I'd post a link to my bands website but we still only have 3 of our older songs on it. We should really record some of out better stuff.

Anyway, here is a link to my mates dmusic site. He's the guitarist in my band. Some of the stuff is for the band but a lot of it is his own stuff.

[URL]http://drummondo.dmusic.com[/URL]

Just for the record, there is the odd song I dont like on here myself.
Sun 08/08/04 at 12:00
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
A few relatively unknown bands who I think of pretty highly.

Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie- Three coemdians from Canagda who decided to make sketches and music: They were one of the most popular bands on MP3.com before the new system was put in place. Some of their stuff is quite close to Tenacious D, although it's mostly strange sketches and jokes based around Computers, Canada and Christmas.

Full System Purge- Now sadly split up, another one of the bands who were very popular on MP3.com during its heyday. Their stuff is a sort of toned-down industrial rock: If you can find MP3s, check out "Ransom" and the ballad-like "If I Said".

Diamond Head- A big influence on Metallica; after releasing their debut album, "Lightning To The Nations" independently in 1979, they were touted as the next Led Zeppelin. Sadly this was not to be the case, as later albums flopped. But they are well worth listening to; I reccomend "Sucking My Love", "Sweet and Innocent" and "Diamond Lights".

Tank- Formed by Algy Ward (Former Damned bassist) in the early 80s with Mark and Peter Brabbs, they combined 80s metal with punk styles. Well worth listening to, as they sound a lot like Motorhead, but with some ridiculous lyrics and punkish elemnts, bot vocally and instrumentally.
Sun 08/08/04 at 12:09
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Libertines.

They aren't popular enough until every person on this earth has a Pete Doerty shirt and all their albums (as well as checking babyshambles.com daily)
Sun 08/08/04 at 12:17
Regular
"8==="
You're not likely to hear them on the radio:

Ozric Tentacles

Best album by them is Waterfall Cities.
Sun 08/08/04 at 13:11
Regular
Check out anything by Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Hi-Tech, Shabaam Sahdeeq, The Roots and Gangstarr if you like lyrical rap and original sounds that don't resort to violence and swearing to shift records.

If you base your opinions of Hip Hop on 50 Cent and all the other slack jawed gorkers that litter the pop charts then I suggest you check some of this kind of stuff out.
Sun 08/08/04 at 16:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Usual shiznit

Elliott
Rival Schools
Pumpkins

Go.
Sun 08/08/04 at 20:31
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
newmusicfinder wrote:
> But can you back it up?

Sure, just use Nero.

;)
Sun 08/08/04 at 20:36
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
So this is to be the "how cool can I try make myself look by raving about probably useless bands/artists who no one else has ever heard of" thread?

*thinks of someone no one will have heard of*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.