GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Last Supper"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/08/04 at 02:43
Regular
After reading "The Da Vinci" code by Dan Brown I decided to check out some of the information he had put forward in his book, one of the main points he tried to put across was that the painting "The last supper" has infact secret code in it.
The last supper was originally meant to be the last time that Jesus saw all his disciples before he was captured but in the painting to Jesus right hand side there is a woman (who Dan Brown & some website guy claims is mary magdaline). According to the bible all the disciples were males and quite a few people seem to think that Jesus and Mary were man and wife.

Click on the link and press slideshow if your interested.
[URL]http://www.davincisecrets.com/[/URL]
Sun 08/08/04 at 11:25
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Yes but the problem is that I could concoct a similar piece of work about how Windows XP predicts the future of the human race... or how the X Files is the result of time travellers warning the human race of alien invasion...
Sun 08/08/04 at 11:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> I view things like the Da Vinci code, Bible code, Nostradamus etc
> with great scepticism

It's still interesting to think that these things can be interpreted differently to how we see them on first impressions, and that objects or meanings were put there deliberately but only found hundreds of years later. History rocks.
Sun 08/08/04 at 11:16
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Paradox: wrote:
> Crazy and interesting - I like stuff like that.

Same here.
Sun 08/08/04 at 11:14
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
My girlfriend is reading this, and I'm going to after she's done with it. Sounds interesting, and I'm into all that "hidden history" stuff, especially when it's to do with religion.
Sun 08/08/04 at 10:04
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
If he'd painted a Ferrari then that would be at least some kind of proof of weird goings one, seeing as the internal combustion engine wouldn't be invented for another couple of hundred years....

I view things like the Da Vinci code, Bible code, Nostradamus etc with great scepticism because, when an author has a theory (strangely these theories never come from academics who don't have to sell books to earn a living....maybe that's a clue???) they can create it to say what they want it to say. Ever since the printing press, authors have claimed armageddon etc is nigh, and it never happens. Same with Nostradamus, no one has ever ever used his supposed work to predict a future event before it has happened. Authors have fitted past events to his work, but never future ones, and his prophecies are so vague (not to mention translated and altered many times) that they can be fitted to almost anything.
Sun 08/08/04 at 09:41
Regular
"lets go back"
But wasnt this picture painted long after the last supper happened. Da Vinci wasnt their, was he? If he'd have painted a ferrari in the background would you believe that Jesus was a racing driver?
Sun 08/08/04 at 09:37
Regular
"SOUP!"
Crazy and interesting - I like stuff like that.

Does the book mention anything about Michaelangelo been comissioned to paint Jesus as a white man (based on the king of England's family) when really Jesus was olive-skinned?
Sun 08/08/04 at 02:43
Regular
After reading "The Da Vinci" code by Dan Brown I decided to check out some of the information he had put forward in his book, one of the main points he tried to put across was that the painting "The last supper" has infact secret code in it.
The last supper was originally meant to be the last time that Jesus saw all his disciples before he was captured but in the painting to Jesus right hand side there is a woman (who Dan Brown & some website guy claims is mary magdaline). According to the bible all the disciples were males and quite a few people seem to think that Jesus and Mary were man and wife.

Click on the link and press slideshow if your interested.
[URL]http://www.davincisecrets.com/[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.