GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"which films have made you snore?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/08/04 at 18:12
Regular
Every now and again you come across movies which act as great sleep aids. Even better than night nurse. So which movies have made you fall asleep? Mine are patch adams and pulp fiction. (fell asleep to soon to see if it got at all good.)
Tue 10/08/04 at 14:45
Regular
Why don't they just make a film with a battle between two identical sides, and there's no stupid emotional connections made for specific people - you just watch the battle commence, and the film would contain some truly meltingly gorgeous guns. Like a red vs blue shoot-out and stuff. Like spectating a really detailed, cool game.

Bleh.

You know what I mean.
Mon 09/08/04 at 17:41
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
LOTR. But how can you say Pulp Fiction??? I watched it the other night and it was amazing. NO wonder it's ,eant to be one of the greatest films of all time
Mon 09/08/04 at 05:22
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Yep i'm going with LOTR as well, the visual equivalent of a lesbian supermodel, pretty to look at but not much fun to be had unless you're a lesbian(geek).
And there was nothing wrong with Meet Joe Black, i thought it was a great film.
Sun 08/08/04 at 23:25
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Twisters
Sun 08/08/04 at 23:15
Regular
"you've got a beard"
blimey, i was expecting HUGE backlash for not liking LOTR..
nice to know i'm not alone... well, in this matter at least :)
Sun 08/08/04 at 21:56
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Forest Gump i actually fell asleep in as did i in the Green mile..
Sun 08/08/04 at 21:42
Regular
bored of the rings...
Sun 08/08/04 at 00:14
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Meet Joe Black - Brad Pitt plays Death, Anthony Hopkins plays his next victim, except he doesn’t want to die so ends up spending the next six hours boring me to death with scene after scene of long, dull conversations.

Tears of the Sun - I wanted Black Hawk Down in the jungle, what I got was a slow war drama without the drama. Bruce Willis does a good job looking bored while Monica Bellucci doesn’t show off nearly as much cleavage as she did in the Matrix, negating those two possible redeeming features. The climax of the film, involving Willis getting half his SEALs team and a number of civilians he took to protect killed isn’t even worth the wait.

The Toolbox Murders - Recently watched this, apart from being a cut version, odd seeing as the gore and violence on offer seems very tame compared to recent movies, the film was a long, boring thriller about some psycho who kills a few people, kidnaps someone, them does something else probably, I couldn’t tell since I wasn’t paying attention.

And personally, if anything I thought the Lord of the Rings movies could have gone on forever and I still would loved them. It’s not often you get the privilege of seeing a movie with such care and attention Peter Jackson gave the Rings trilogy, he obviously has a love for the books and you can see that on screen.
Sat 07/08/04 at 23:30
Regular
Lost in Translation.

Too many scenes filled with absolutely nothing.
Sat 07/08/04 at 23:22
Regular
"cachoo"
LOTR. Would love to watch them, but the first took forever to watch with so many breaks.. *yawns*
Elephant. Was ok, just a little slow. Greedily wanting the shootings to happen, most likely. :s

Strangely enough, though. I could never fall asleep whilst watching a film! ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.