GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"People who talk to themsevles"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 06/08/04 at 18:31
Regular
"Selected"
I see these people all the time. People I'm convinced are actually mentally unstable. People who just talk to themselves.

The other day, I was sitting on the bus and there was a guy sitting alone a few rows infront who, at random intervals, would turn to the empty seat next to him and have a quick rant. Total random things like "I'm going to telephone house". An instance before that, I was waiting to get off the bus and a guy walked up behind me also wanting to get off the bus. I turned around because I heard him moving amd he pips "hello!" to which I reply "alright?" which he responds to with insane laughter.

Then today, I was in a charity shop and heard somebody talking outside. His voice was getting louder so I knew he was getting closer. I said to myself (not out loud obviously) "I bet this guy's talking to himself" to which he appeared, slouching posture and all, chatting to himself.

I often catch myself saying things out loud but I know I'm doing it. And I never do it in public.

Maybe I just live in a crazy town.
Fri 06/08/04 at 22:10
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Mikelar.. I agree with you there.. You can always tell a window licker. However i know i shouldn't listen to what they are saying.. However it is quite funny at the random things that they are talking about..
But then again you do look a way as its none of your business.. but everyone does stare! and some even snigger
Fri 06/08/04 at 22:05
Regular
"The Red Shift"
There's always this same old guy that comes to my bus stop every so often. That stutters and really breathly says "t-t-t-t-t-t-t-wenty pence?". Everyone always ignores him as he very slowly shuffles along with his toothless mouth and look of desperation on his face.

I always feel sorry as he mutters under his breath a load of stuff noone can hear. The one time I actually said anything was when I genuinely had no money left.

:|
Fri 06/08/04 at 21:50
Regular
"Selected"
These people aren't talking into phones or anything, they're definitely talking to themselves. Or themsevles as I seem to have put in the title.....hmmm.

Anyway, my point is that nobody seems to care. People like me, who also notice them talking to themselves, look the other way and just pretend it isn't happening. Ignore it until it goes away - that's the attitude.
Fri 06/08/04 at 21:42
"Was UW."
There are quite a lot of people that speak to themselves. Most of them are nutters and the others are just depressed. True.
Fri 06/08/04 at 21:25
Regular
"Better Than You"
The trick is to ignore him.
Fri 06/08/04 at 21:24
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Kinda like crackheads new account.. In his numerous posts where it is just him talking and talking to himself. :S
Fri 06/08/04 at 21:09
Regular
"Bicycle"
Most of the time they have the stupid invisble phone thingies.

Hate those.
Fri 06/08/04 at 21:06
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
The funniest thing I've heard someone say was when I was sat at the bus stop and a man walked passed, stopped, and said "Is this the stop for dreamland? No, you've missed it, keep on going" and off he went.

I wonder if he ever made it there.
Fri 06/08/04 at 19:47
Regular
"Better Than You"
mikelar wrote:
> I said to myself (not out loud obviously) "I bet this
> guy's talking to himself" to which he appeared, slouching
> posture and all, chatting to himself.

That also means that you were talking to your self. :P
Fri 06/08/04 at 19:17
Regular
Yes, I hear a lot of mutterings on the way to work; usually by middle aged men with gruff voices and untidy appearance; a regular mutterer wears a messed up cap which must have seen cnmturies of use, and mumbles on about "castles" and "cake".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.