GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Clothes shopping..?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/08/04 at 13:29
Regular
Er.. where do people actually buy clothes from?

I just realised, I have no idea. I can't even remember how I managed to get the clothes I have now.
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:56
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Lillywhites sells T-Shirts, shorts, socks and shirts for pretty much pittance, as there is always some sort of HUGE SUMMER/WINTER/AUTUMN/SPRING SALE! on.
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:53
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
This WILL make me look sad, but I got some cool Haiwaiien (spelling?) shirts from Matalan. I know the adverts suck and it's a shop for mum's, but I like it. I also got a pair of nice Lee Cooper jeans for a tenner. Not bad at all.
Fri 13/08/04 at 19:32
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> TJ Maxx is good.

I don't recall them pinching our double x.

Last time I looked we still sold Maxx PC, not Max PC, so keep your hands off TJ or else.
Fri 13/08/04 at 08:43
"possibly impossible"
Bah! Who needs clothes?

I say run around the streets naked...
Fri 13/08/04 at 01:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I bought my favourite belt out Burtons a year back.

And got some long shorts for my holidays. It's alright for a browse.
Fri 13/08/04 at 01:37
"I love yo... lamp."
You know it was a man and wife team that set up Gap, whcih kind of make the whole Gay And Proud thing rather senseless.

Burtons is fine, it is Topman that is all camp and bright and crumpled.

TJ Maxx is good. Although most of my shopping is done in the States at Foley's, Dillard's, Kohl's and Pac Sun. £15 for a pair of Levi's. Can't really beat that. Ralph Lauren t shirts for £3. Quiksilver for £5. Aye, I already miss their shops. Oh and Old Navy, who are owned by Gap.
Thu 12/08/04 at 21:47
Regular
I buy most of my clothes from Gap. How very cliche, but I like them.
Thu 12/08/04 at 21:32
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It's never worth spending the amounts of money Townies and "cool" people spend on clothes - unless, of course, you really are that shallow. :P

I don't like to spend more than £40 on one item of clothing - and, even then, it's usually a pair of Wrangler jeans or something. I don't buy a lot of 'designer' stuff usually - although, I did recently buy a few things like that, having seem them all on sale/special offer.

I usually go for cheap, 'branded' stuff, though. I mean, half the stuff you buy, it's only gonna last you two-years tops - if, even, one year - before you're buying more. With the price of everything else around you always going up, you're better off saving money.

Even then, you could snag your shirt or something on a loose nail - and then what, eh?! It's ruined. It's gone. £70-worth that didn't even last you one-week. £20? You can go and buy yourself another one - if you didn't get two initially. Cheaper clothes seem to stitch-up better too, I've found.

Matalan is a VERY good place to shop for cheap, but still good quality, clothing.

I hate store shopping though. I have that exact same image Grix has, of smartly-dressed people coming up and bothering you, from the moment you walk in through the door... :S
Even if I go with someone, it's bad. I usually don't end up buying anything; just looking.

That's why I buy an awful lot on-line - where there're also some good prices to be had, in some places.
Sun 08/08/04 at 22:02
"Was UW."
There are usually quite a few shops I go to:

AB10
Burton
Next
JD Sports

...and sometimes French Connection and Topman.

UW.
Sat 07/08/04 at 18:32
Regular
The one thing I hate about cloths shopping is when there are a limited number of shops, with a limited number of designs of clothing.

I don't like being a label or wearing the same stuff as everyone else, and I don't like feeling synonymous with a store/brand (when that's the only one available).
Ironically that restricts me to fairly bland, plain clothes, which I normally buy from one shop (which imports a load of different stock).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.