GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Whole New World"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 30/04/01 at 09:38
Regular
*Stops singing Disney's Aladdin songs...*

Oh, Hi there...

This isn't really a Gameaday post, just a general chatty thing. I just felt I might talk about the Dreamcast I am getting this week. So, Here goes...

...Yahoooooooooooo!

On a more serious note...

...Yes!

Okay, okay, enough of that...but I really am quite excited, well, that might not be the right word to use but I am quite looking forward to this Saturday, I mean, I used to see Dreamcast games in a different light. I know it sounds strange but I used to almost think that Sega were making games for the sheer fun of it!

I have had a N64 for about 3-4 years now and I am very happy with it, games like Conker and Banjo make it all worth it. But just recently, with the realisation of getting a Dreamcast I will actually be able to play games like Crazy Taxi, Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue.

"Whoopie Doo" You might say, but this IS a good thing. Of course, everyone is used to their own console but when you get a new one, especially one with such a strong, diverse range of titles like the Dreamcast, you are opened up to a whole new world of games, ones that maybe you wouldn't have thought you'd have owned before or that you'd be able to play until your heart's content.

I always, kinda took the Dreamcast for granted, I haven't got one....yet, but when ever I would go into Comet or the like to play on the consoles, I would go to the Nintendo selection....'Full'...Damn. so the I might move on to the PS2 section, (as it was the next one along) 'Full' Blast!, Okay, last chance...The Dreamcast section. I don't know why I left it til last, I mean with games like Skies of Arcadia (Best RPG Ever...) how can the Dreamcast be bad...

I have just come to realise that there isn't really anything bad about the Dreamcast... 4 Controller Ports...Internet Access.....Great Games.....128 Bit....Plenty of Handy peripherals. The PS2 may not have many titles and the N64 might not have the best FMV's ever...(What FMV's?!) But really the Dreamcast doesn't fall short in any areas...Okay it doesn't have Mario or and Rare games, but you don't see Solid Snake on Nintendo either...everyone console has its exclusive charachter, mascot or not. Dreamcast doesn't have to be any different.

I think that the full effect of the Dreamcast is only just coming into play. The DC was way ahead of its time...If released now, it could easily compete with the Playstation 2, at a lower price even @ £199. I don't suppose we'll ever know for sure how the DC would fare if released today, and frankly I don't care...All I care about is the FUTURE of Sega and the games that we play.

Sony fans might never accept Nintendo Systems and Nintendo Fans will probably NEVER accept Sony systems...true fans anyway, but have you ever noticed, that both of these fans have a mutual respect for Sega and the Dreamcast? I wonder why that is...It might be that the DC is dying...Nah, I think not....With games like CT2 and Shenmue 2 how can It be. Maybe, just maybe, it is because there are loads of Quality games for the console that have provided endless fun through the likes of Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure and JSR. I have always thought that most N64 games were good but there weren't too many of them and that PSX games weren't brilliant but there were loads. I do think that the DC has the best of both worlds here, as there are loads of great games and even more games that come above average.

All in all I can't wait to be playing Crazy Taxi...Skies of Arcadia...you many not realise this but having the oppostitions console is a good thing...you get all the good games...all the different genres...and now I can play the best platformers on my N64, hop into the othe rooms and play some of the best RPG's and Racers in history...

Yeah....!

Now, how to get a PS2 with £125...:D
Tue 01/05/01 at 22:24
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Damn! I knew my topic was winning material....shame I didn't win...

But never fear Gameaholics, I will have my retrebution....Oh yes I will, the time will come Gronti V, you days are numbered....

Muahahaha, MUAHAHAHAHAHA, BWRAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

*Leans back too far on chair and falls over...*

The Game

*Calls for medical assistance...*
Tue 01/05/01 at 22:15
It's amazing how quickly they implement this stuff, I wasn't marked as a regular this morning...
Anyway, thanks for the prize and the compliments.
What to get though?
Tue 01/05/01 at 18:22
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Hello people, I'm back again.
Tue 01/05/01 at 16:56
Regular
Topic i meant. And he said not a gameaday topic. lol.
Tue 01/05/01 at 16:56
Regular
The Games title, gronti wrote in it.
Tue 01/05/01 at 16:48
Regular
Sniper, ever try reading beyond the title?

Congratulations Gronti, great post.
Tue 01/05/01 at 16:02
Regular
Ugh, don't make me think about that song....
Tue 01/05/01 at 15:59
This is since last week...

M16 wrote:
> gronti's post is in yellow becuase he has won GAD. Nice touch. Since
> when has this feature been going?
Tue 01/05/01 at 15:58
Since last week
Tue 01/05/01 at 15:56
Regular
Cheesy topic title.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.