GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the game manhunt- did it really inspiere a kill"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/07/04 at 17:04
Regular
i think that trying to ban the game manhunt is a bad thing because they are saying it inspred a killer.
the game was certificeted 18 and over when the boy was only 17. the game is not real so it is up to the player if he takes it seriously or not. the game does not say go out and kill so its a persons own decision. so i think people should go easy on rockstar .

what do you think
Fri 30/07/04 at 18:07
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Its a cheap way out - blame a game.

Manhunt may contain more gore than most if not any other game but it fails to involve the gamers emotions, at no point do you feel pain or have anything happen to you because of the actions you take in the game.

Sure such a game may have given someone the idea of how to attack someone but to say that the game is to blame for the attack is just stupid. The person had to be mentally ill or unstable to carry out an attack just because the seen it in the game, if the game was to blame then there would be 1000's of us lurking around the dark with bats and meat cleavers waiting for another victim.

Ever since the first game was blamed in a similar way, Doom was the first I remember. I have always put blame to the parents of the attacker. With entertainment like films most parents will check the content before letting their children watch it - just to make sure its suitable. Sadly though there is still the feeling that a game is just that - a game which is likely to be suitable for all.
Fri 30/07/04 at 18:09
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I take the view that the game did clearly affect the boy - but Rockstar as a company aren't really to blame and violent video games as a whole certainly aren't.
Fri 30/07/04 at 18:30
Regular
Watching Teletubbies makes me want to jam a screwdriver into my eyes, and they eyes of the people around me. Is that wrong? Should they ban Teletubbies? *Puts Teletubbies on the TV* Is it time to panic?

Only time will tell.
Fri 30/07/04 at 18:31
Regular
Like that old McDonalds game on the Megadrive made you want to eat lots, Mystique?
Fri 30/07/04 at 18:32
Regular
"8==="
I blame Jebus.
Fri 30/07/04 at 18:35
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
games are not responsible for making people kill.. neither a music.. I remember the Columbine Massacre in the US. They said Marilyn Mansun was to blame for that.. However did they put the weapon in the other persons hand.. NO i think not.. So thats just my opinion..
However.. if the person isnt all there.. eg on drugs or something else.. who knows. he/she could have heard voices.. :s
Fri 30/07/04 at 18:35
Regular
"a.k.a King"
Yes true, it was an 18. But the boy, LeBlanc, was on drugs so that could have played a part. And he also had an unhappy childhood, so I don't really know. It's quite scary though to think that he battered his best friend using Manhunt techniques.
Fri 30/07/04 at 18:38
Regular
what about people (or should I say Americans) who says, "guns dont kill people. people kill people" ... guns help a little right?
Fri 30/07/04 at 18:38
Regular
"Bicycle"
Meh, it's better to have some technique.

Less painful, I guess.
Fri 30/07/04 at 18:40
Regular
"a.k.a King"
Has anyone here got Manhunt, cuz now it's off the shelves that game could be worth alot of money on the black market.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.