GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the game manhunt- did it really inspiere a kill"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/07/04 at 17:04
Regular
i think that trying to ban the game manhunt is a bad thing because they are saying it inspred a killer.
the game was certificeted 18 and over when the boy was only 17. the game is not real so it is up to the player if he takes it seriously or not. the game does not say go out and kill so its a persons own decision. so i think people should go easy on rockstar .

what do you think
Fri 30/07/04 at 17:04
Regular
i think that trying to ban the game manhunt is a bad thing because they are saying it inspred a killer.
the game was certificeted 18 and over when the boy was only 17. the game is not real so it is up to the player if he takes it seriously or not. the game does not say go out and kill so its a persons own decision. so i think people should go easy on rockstar .

what do you think
Fri 30/07/04 at 17:06
Regular
Personally, I think you're an idiot.
Fri 30/07/04 at 17:08
Regular
"tokyo police club"
If some crazy boatch is going to kill someone over a game, then they're easily going to be corrupted somehow anyway.

He was just a timebomb, waiting for something to set him off.
Fri 30/07/04 at 17:09
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
After playing the game Thief, I broke into many, many facilities and stole many, many valuable items, killing several people brutally along the way.

But don't tell anyone.
Fri 30/07/04 at 17:10
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Afet completing Mario Sunshine, I constantly ate Mushrooms.
Fri 30/07/04 at 17:13
Regular
"8==="
*Shifts the blame*
Fri 30/07/04 at 17:14
Regular
"8==="
mattributé wrote:
> He was just a timebomb, waiting for something to set him off.

But aren't we all?
Fri 30/07/04 at 17:28
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I think the game is to blame - hey that rhymes!

Rockstar itself is irresponsible, as this is by far THE most violent game they've released. This time the violence has no purpose, it's just senseless gore. Grand Theft Auto left it to your imagination.

Dixons has now waved goodbye to it - and many others will follow.
Fri 30/07/04 at 17:30
Regular
"8==="
Damn I shall get it off ebay then. :P
Fri 30/07/04 at 17:35
Regular
"Bicycle"
Meh.

If someone is that easily influenced by a game, they must be very mentally unstable.

Usually, most 'normal' people, have a lot of pent up anger, and I believe games such as Manhunt - although it was a bit over the top - help vent that anger, in a slightly more constructive way than, oh, say, vandalism or murder.

Obviously it's actually got nothing to do with this game, it's simply about the guy's mental health and the enviroment he's brought up in.

Also, games keep people like this away from the streets, making the world a safer place.

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.