GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamezville on sky one"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/07/04 at 18:20
Regular
What does everyone think of this? Sometimes it's really good and has decent reviews and holds my interest. But sometimes it frankly sucks. Like when they review something boring or have a dull face off. I usually only watch it for the g-team and console kitchen.
Thu 29/07/04 at 23:28
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Around the World in 80 Games is ok, and I saw a guy from work experience on TV. :D His name is Richard Taversham, and he's heard of Xbox UK Marketing.

Pretty cool.
Thu 29/07/04 at 23:26
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Maybe, but did ne1 see the episode when Matt Goss was on the face-off? The person who took that footage of the Guru better have had a speedy car waiting nearby!!
Thu 29/07/04 at 22:46
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
PsYİHo FoX 1987 wrote:
> Hey i've watched a couple of episodes of this "Around the World in
> 80 games" show and it ain't half bad, he at least seems to be
> enthusiastic about games and he does somegood interviews, especially
> with the Voice of Mario which I saw a few weeks back before he did a
> NOM interview.

Yea I watched that episode too, quite interesting. But I imagine that guy must be one of the most annoying people on the planet, talking like Mario all the time, even the presenter was starting to get annoyed.
Thu 29/07/04 at 22:43
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Gamezville is s**t, the two main presenters are obviously tools, they remind me of Victor from BB, 'wannabe gangstas' while in reality they're complete spazmos.

I hate it when they ask some kid for an opinion on a game; "it az gr8 grfix and gud controlz but I wuldn't buy it" then one of the mong bros comes out with "yea, dat was a gud opinion".

Basically, what it all comes down to, is that it's s**t, as s**tty as a Dinorod employees dinorod.
Thu 29/07/04 at 21:58
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> WH Smiths in Nottingham carried one row of magazines, they were in the
> upper shelving areas. In my town one newsagent had the magazines, and
> carried 4 different ones.
>
> I rest my case.

then your case is simply that WH Smiths in Nottingham is crap :)
Thu 29/07/04 at 20:30
"The Will of D."
Hey i've watched a couple of pisodes of this "Around the World in 80 games" show and it ain't half bad, he at least seems to be enthusiastic about games and he does somegood interviews, especially with the Voice of Mario which I saw a few weeks back before he did a NOM interview.
Thu 29/07/04 at 19:57
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
WH Smiths in Nottingham carried one row of magazines, they were in the upper shelving areas. In my town one newsagent had the magazines, and carried 4 different ones.

I rest my case.
Thu 29/07/04 at 19:32
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> In Gamesmaster's time there was little to no internet,
> certainly very little gaming news, and all the news came from
> magazines which were nowhere near as popular as they are now,

i disagree.
i'd say magazines were MORE popular back then, simply as they WERE the only way to get information on games. Mean Machines was awsome in its mutliformat days, before it split to have a nintendo and sega edition each month. Even the gamesmaster magazine was hugely popular, despite being a bit crap :)

i always stuck with Mean Machines or CVG..
nowadays it's usually Edge or PC Format (and that's only from loyalty to Amiga Format ;) )
Thu 29/07/04 at 18:35
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Dunno, the Guru is supposed to be sad/funny I think anyway, as in don't take him too seriously.

Problem is, with the internet being so widespread, that no show could ever hope to please the majority of serious gamers anymore, no way would it be possible to be that uptodate or to cover so much material. In Gamesmaster's time there was little to no internet, certainly very little gaming news, and all the news came from magazines which were nowhere near as popular as they are now, plus there was less news overall. Unless it was a big game you heard zip about it until 1-2 months before release, then a review sometimes.
Thu 29/07/04 at 18:07
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Gamesmaster is looked upon in Rose tinted glasses, but that doesn't stop it from being 'teh ro>

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.