GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Poem Competition"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/07/04 at 20:04
"Majestic"
I really don’t know why we don’t have one of these in the Life forum, so this is why I’ve decided to create one. For a while now, I’ve being following the SSC and I was hoping to have a go myself – but when I tried to put my thoughts on paper I wasn’t going to happen. Then I decided to make a poem – something I really enjoy, and something that I excelled at in my scholar youth. So hopefully, those creative people who write SSC may want to have a pop at the new and exciting SPC too.

We can use similar rules to the SSC; the winner gets to pick a subject, a closing date and gets to judge the entries – as well as adding their own personals rule, if applicable.
I think 300 words would be enough to compose a decent poem – my Tramp poem may look long, but in actual fact its only about 230 words. But we will have to see about the word limit, expectations may be made. And remember, its not quantity – its quality !

I will try and organize some sort of SPC website – or I’ll talk to Ashman about the situation, seem as he has made a good job of the SSC site – but we will have to see if this takes off first.

So then, onto the Poem!
This Poems topic should be based around a Horse it doesn’t sound like anything exciting, but rest assured if you think about it you could come up with some interesting things – make your own title and post it in this thread. The closing date will be two weeks from Today – The 7th of august giving most people a good chance to get their entries in.

I really do hope that this can catch on, but if it doesn’t then no hard feelings – its just something that I’ve had on my mind for some time. Please give the Short Poem Competition a chance!

===================================================

We have a winner!

I read through them all last night, I couldn’t really decide – because most of them were quite good. Although I think that Paradoxes poem took the biscuit. It wasn’t really about a horse – but he mentioned the word hoarse, I didn’t say it had to be about a horse.

I really liked his rhyming style – although it was short it was defiantly sweet. Like a small chocolate killer cake from Thornton’s. I’d rather have a small cake from there, than a big cake from somewhere like Tesco. Enough of my cake fantasies though.

So I here by crown Paradox the winner, for bringing a smile to my face with his unique poem. If you would, please start a new topic ; Short Poem Competition 2 and explain your set of rules – a closing date – and the topic… And please, try to choose a better topic than I did!

Ok, well I have to go – thanks to everybody who entered. And sorry I’m sorry that judged late ; I hope you can find it in your hoarse heart to forgive me.
Sat 24/07/04 at 20:04
"Majestic"
I really don’t know why we don’t have one of these in the Life forum, so this is why I’ve decided to create one. For a while now, I’ve being following the SSC and I was hoping to have a go myself – but when I tried to put my thoughts on paper I wasn’t going to happen. Then I decided to make a poem – something I really enjoy, and something that I excelled at in my scholar youth. So hopefully, those creative people who write SSC may want to have a pop at the new and exciting SPC too.

We can use similar rules to the SSC; the winner gets to pick a subject, a closing date and gets to judge the entries – as well as adding their own personals rule, if applicable.
I think 300 words would be enough to compose a decent poem – my Tramp poem may look long, but in actual fact its only about 230 words. But we will have to see about the word limit, expectations may be made. And remember, its not quantity – its quality !

I will try and organize some sort of SPC website – or I’ll talk to Ashman about the situation, seem as he has made a good job of the SSC site – but we will have to see if this takes off first.

So then, onto the Poem!
This Poems topic should be based around a Horse it doesn’t sound like anything exciting, but rest assured if you think about it you could come up with some interesting things – make your own title and post it in this thread. The closing date will be two weeks from Today – The 7th of august giving most people a good chance to get their entries in.

I really do hope that this can catch on, but if it doesn’t then no hard feelings – its just something that I’ve had on my mind for some time. Please give the Short Poem Competition a chance!

===================================================

We have a winner!

I read through them all last night, I couldn’t really decide – because most of them were quite good. Although I think that Paradoxes poem took the biscuit. It wasn’t really about a horse – but he mentioned the word hoarse, I didn’t say it had to be about a horse.

I really liked his rhyming style – although it was short it was defiantly sweet. Like a small chocolate killer cake from Thornton’s. I’d rather have a small cake from there, than a big cake from somewhere like Tesco. Enough of my cake fantasies though.

So I here by crown Paradox the winner, for bringing a smile to my face with his unique poem. If you would, please start a new topic ; Short Poem Competition 2 and explain your set of rules – a closing date – and the topic… And please, try to choose a better topic than I did!

Ok, well I have to go – thanks to everybody who entered. And sorry I’m sorry that judged late ; I hope you can find it in your hoarse heart to forgive me.
Sat 24/07/04 at 20:13
Regular
Sounds good - poems kept in this thread, then?
Sat 24/07/04 at 20:15
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I think if we're to have one, all poems should be kept in the thread, we don't want to clog LIFE up more than it already is with the SSC entries, and this really doesn't match SSC for profile.

I cringe at the thought of making another site, for the mo, could you not have waited till I'm back from holiday in a week and a half, I won't be here from tomorrow onwards!
Sat 24/07/04 at 20:18
"Majestic"
In this thread then :)
Then the winner makes a new thread and so on.
Sat 24/07/04 at 20:23
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Horse?

A HORSE?
Sat 24/07/04 at 20:31
Regular
For example:

Horse's head, in your bed,
Watch out friend, or you'll be dead,
Mafia come, with their guns,
Blow things up, have some fun.

Poor horse.

Not actually my entry.
Sat 24/07/04 at 20:31
"Majestic"
Fine, I'll change it then
Whats the ideal title you can all work with?
Sat 24/07/04 at 20:32
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I'd prefer it to be a word or something, rather than an object.
"Majestic"
There you go, he mentioned Horse, therefore - if this was an entry it would be valid.
Regular
Nah, keep it as a horse.

We can write some comedic poetry - rather than all the pretentious crap a lot of poems get crammed with.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.