GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HELP! I need to buy a birthday present:S"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/07/04 at 15:42
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Right it's my boyfriend's birthday on August 17th and I have no idea what to get him. He's a huge manic fan but he's got all their DVDs, all their albums and singles, posters, a signed promotional picture and the Manics aren't playing near us anytime soon. SO I need a new idea.

Normally I just go into town, see what I'd like and buy that for them but I want to put more effort into this. Do you have any ideas? He's going to be 19. Any ideas would be good and if you have any links to where to buy them that'd be amazing. Baring in mind I'm a student therefore I am poor. Thanks for your help guys and gals in advance:D
Fri 23/07/04 at 12:43
Regular
"Excommunicated"
And hard drugs and stuff that I can never imagine actually happening in Edinburgh.
Fri 23/07/04 at 12:43
Regular
"8==="
It should be called: Handbags at dawn.

Obviously you'd have to feature somewhere in a bit involving a fight.
Fri 23/07/04 at 12:39
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I think Irvine Welsh should write a book about Cubist
Fri 23/07/04 at 12:02
Regular
"8==="
I'm sure having a skinhead's also quite practical. ;)
Fri 23/07/04 at 11:54
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Thanks for the advice and you have no idea how big ;) Can't go into a gay bar in Edinburgh at least without 1 in every 4 people having a skinhead.
Fri 23/07/04 at 11:41
Regular
"SOUP!"
Is "skinhead" big with gays now?
*sigh*

If you want to get him a nice aftershave, dont get hugo boss - its blurgh.

If you want Boss, get Boss in Motion.

I also recomend:

Touch - Burberry
Cool Water -Davidoff (Though it is a bit of a DAD fragerance)
Ck1 - Calvin Klein

Do not, under any circumstances, buy him Joop. It smells like tooty frooties.
Fri 23/07/04 at 11:40
Regular
"8==="
Right: well search for manics stuff on Ebay then.

Sheesh.
Fri 23/07/04 at 11:37
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
With that haircut Paradox people may be forgiven for thinking you want the dhildo;)

Hmmm yeh, I suppose I could get him something like Hugo Boss or something.
Fri 23/07/04 at 11:34
Regular
"SOUP!"
I knew Cubist was gay for AGGGGGGGGGGGGES and I didnt mock him for it much :-P

Ok at least you're the same gender and sexuality as the guy so you've got a better chance at getting something he will like - thats why It's harder to buy for the opposite sex - it's harder to get into their mindset and understand whats good and whats crap.

I'd say buy him toiletries or something - TV has taught me that gays like to take care of their appearance.

OR A BIG GAY ANEL DHILDO! omg lol

I'm sure he'll be cool with whatever you get him.
Fri 23/07/04 at 11:26
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
No seriously he's verging on stalker level with the Manic street preachers. He knows what they all do most nights, when they normally go to bed etc. He used to download entire websites on them, print them off and read them. He has all their albums including 4ever Delayed and all their greatest hits stuff, he has all their singles, he has all their DVDs and VHS released, a signed promotional picture and more. He, LOVES, them.

Other bands he likes are Katatonia, Opeth, Cradle Of Filth, Weezer, Morrisey and Allanis Morrisette (damn I can't spell). Clothese would be really easy for him. I'm think of getting him a frame for his Manic Signed Promo pic because he always complains he just keeps it hidden away instead of showing it off. That and clothese/jewellery. Still want to get him something like that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.