GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fantasy Football League - The best one; now up and running"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/07/04 at 12:52
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I've made a League for us all to join: You can find it if you [URL]http://fantasy.premierleague.com/[/URL], although some of you may need to sign-up and Register.

When you get there, the League name is 'SR Sports Champions', and the password for entering the League is '7028-1893'.

Get your team sorted, and join this League, because it's going to be HOOGE!

...it's just a shame that none of you are going to beat me to it ;)
Page:
Thu 22/07/04 at 15:36
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Right lads and lasses. Here's my team aptly named:

Forest Fan's Team

Manager: Jonathan Weissman

GK = Cedric Berthelin (Crystal Palace)

DF = Gary Neville (Manchester United)
DF = Ashley Cole (Arsenal)
DF = Chris Perry (Charlton Athletic)

MF = Eyal Berkovic (Portsmouth)
MF = Dennis Rommedahl (Charlton Athletic)
MF = Jay Jay Okocha (Bolton Wanderers)
MF = Frank Lampard (Chelsea)

ST = Thierry Henry (Arsenal)
ST = Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United)
ST = Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur)

SUBS

GK = Paul Gallagher (Norwich City)
MF = Aki Riihilahti (Crystal Palace)
DF = James Chambers (West Bromwich Albion)
DF = Neil Clement (West Bromwich Albion)

P.S. Of all the teams in the Premiership I prefer Fulham the most which is why they are my chosen team to represent, but I still mantain my Forestness hence the name. :)
Thu 22/07/04 at 15:50
Regular
Maniche Alexandra

Given

G.Neville
Ferriera

Stevie
Jesper (there ya go, Colourless)
Wright-Phillips
Joe Cole
Milner

Cisse
Stead
Rooney (only tying up cash till Christiano returns)
Thu 22/07/04 at 15:56
Regular
Just IMO, any team that fields Thierry Henry will be weak everywhere else, and even his goals won't make up for 13 million expenditure. But if you think differently, go ahead :)
Thu 22/07/04 at 16:06
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
I have Henry, and Owen up-front, so you can imagine how weak my team is :D
Thu 22/07/04 at 16:15
Regular
I'm still juggling my team to try and fit Owen in. I really want Cisse, seeing as the name of my Euro2004 fantasy team was Cisse Alexandra (dedicated to him because of Pro Evo). Now it's dedicated to Maniche. Stevie G is a must, I'm sure you've got him too. And I've got Riise as well, so my Liverpool 3 are maxed out. Plus it's most important to have a strong midfield, I think. I can't afford Mikey, and I really want to. Never shall I include the Cheating Dutchman, and Henry is too much. Shearer will probably be rotated, and I can't afford Mikey! The top 4 strikers in the Prem and none of them are in my team...

But my midfield and attacking defence is legendary.
Thu 22/07/04 at 16:26
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
My team consists of:

Goalkeepers:
Niemi
Jaaskelainen

Defenders:
Mellberg
Bramble
N'Gotty
Hreidarsson
Stefanovic

Midfielders:
Savage
Gerrard
Telfer
Hitzelsperger
Ricketts

Strikers:
Henry
Owen
Davies
Thu 22/07/04 at 16:34
Regular
That's an absolutely terrible midfield, Gerrard notwithstanding :)

I've just rejigged my entire team, even put a Tottenham player in, and I'm 1 million short of Mikey. Muuuuh. There are some players who I won't give up on (Cisse, Stevie, Cole), so I'm not making much headway.

It's all because of Joe Cole. He won't always play, he's overpriced at 8.5 million - and I'm still selecting him, just because I love the way he does his little tricks. Basically, I love him like a brother, so I've written off 8.5 million.

But, saying that, I wrote off 6.5 million on Maniche for Euro 2004, because I also love him. This was back when he was supposed to be a benchwarmer. And look where that got me - top scoring midfielder in terms of points. So, you never now.
Thu 22/07/04 at 16:43
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Stryke wrote:
> That's an absolutely terrible midfield, Gerrard notwithstanding :)

To be honest I think Virtuoso's whole team is.
Thu 22/07/04 at 16:45
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Stryke wrote:

That's an absolutely terrible midfield, Gerrard notwithstanding :)
-------------

It's a Midfield "in working". I may make a few changes before Week 1, I'll have to scan the Friendlies, see if I can pick up any cheap gems, Rafa Benitez style! :P
Thu 22/07/04 at 16:48
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Forest Fan wrote:

To be honest I think Virtuoso's whole team is.
-------------

I'm quite impressed with the money I've spent; all my players are guarenteed 30+ games a season, and they'll always pick up points. I finished 2nd the League last season with the same format ;)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.