GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 8"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/07/04 at 13:16
Regular
Right, it seems it's that time again.

No real rules other than 1 entry per-person, and try not make them too long, I don't want my eyes bleeding too much.

The topic is: Leech

Extra points for making it a nice story, but I imagine that most likely won't happen.

Anyway, have fun, you've got three weeks to get something together, so the closing date is 11th August.

----------------------------------------

Well, here we go...

3rd - The Room [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=106803&forumid=423[/URL] - Ant
I loved this story, the atmosphere was wonderful, it was very bleak and left you asking questions. The ending was also wonderful.

2nd - Betrayal [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=106231&forumid=423[/URL] - mattributé
I'll admit I didn't get this at first, but after re-reading it after finding out it made me realise how well written it is. As ever with mattribute's story's, real emotions seem to have been poured into it.

1st - Monster [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=106415&forumid=423[/URL] - Grix Thraves
I really, really liked this, an interesting perception of the topic and had a truly wonderful atmosphere throughout. It just felt real, painting such vivid pictures in your mind and had such character. The ending was just the icing on the cake.

Well done the winners, and everyone who entered. Looks like Grix will have the task of setting SSC9. The entries were all of top quality and were a joy to read. :-)
Thu 22/07/04 at 22:30
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Are you Cyclone, are you Cyclone, ARE YOU CYCLONE IN DISGUISE!?
Thu 22/07/04 at 22:32
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Are you Cyclone eating pies?
Thu 22/07/04 at 22:39
"period drama"
Yes to both.
Although the apple bits don't fit through the mouth-hole in my mask.
*weeples*
Fri 23/07/04 at 00:05
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I really do think an SSC Site update is in order. The poll-ness has put me off, so that goes on hold for now.
Fri 23/07/04 at 14:26
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Rickross wrote:
Paradox: wrote:
> Also someone will write a first person story from the point of view
> of a leech and get marks for originality.

Trust me, it won't. ;-)

Rickoss wrote:
> Cheat all you want.
>
> (not too much)

I'm in a bit of a quandary now. I was going to write a new story, from scratch, but I tend to write in first person.

I was going to enter a story that I posted ages ago which did have a line in it mentioning leeches but it's a bit too soon after my 'cheesecake' entry.

All set to enter a story about Soul Stealers but that's now been covered.

I think I'm buggered :)
Sat 24/07/04 at 14:40
"Was UW."
Guess I'll do a story.
Tue 27/07/04 at 23:55
"possibly impossible"
Right, that's mine done. It was a strange experience though. Certainly made me think about the subject.
Wed 04/08/04 at 12:15
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Still one week left? There seems to be mountains of entries already.
Wed 04/08/04 at 12:21
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
You just want to set the subject already Ashman. :P
Wed 04/08/04 at 12:32
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
To be honest I'd rather see you choking on your hat.

;^)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.