GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 8"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/07/04 at 13:16
Regular
Right, it seems it's that time again.

No real rules other than 1 entry per-person, and try not make them too long, I don't want my eyes bleeding too much.

The topic is: Leech

Extra points for making it a nice story, but I imagine that most likely won't happen.

Anyway, have fun, you've got three weeks to get something together, so the closing date is 11th August.

----------------------------------------

Well, here we go...

3rd - The Room [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=106803&forumid=423[/URL] - Ant
I loved this story, the atmosphere was wonderful, it was very bleak and left you asking questions. The ending was also wonderful.

2nd - Betrayal [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=106231&forumid=423[/URL] - mattributé
I'll admit I didn't get this at first, but after re-reading it after finding out it made me realise how well written it is. As ever with mattribute's story's, real emotions seem to have been poured into it.

1st - Monster [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=106415&forumid=423[/URL] - Grix Thraves
I really, really liked this, an interesting perception of the topic and had a truly wonderful atmosphere throughout. It just felt real, painting such vivid pictures in your mind and had such character. The ending was just the icing on the cake.

Well done the winners, and everyone who entered. Looks like Grix will have the task of setting SSC9. The entries were all of top quality and were a joy to read. :-)
Wed 21/07/04 at 19:15
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I've entered mine.
Wed 21/07/04 at 22:49
"period drama"
I'm getting something ...
Something new for me.

Should be fun.
Thu 22/07/04 at 06:35
Regular
"Bicycle"
I want to enter, but can't think of anything to write about...

Ugh.

Plus, when I can't think of anything to write about, I write badly.

Meh, I'll enter anyway, bad or not. Writing is fun...

...when you're bored.
Thu 22/07/04 at 08:58
Regular
"eat toast!"
leech eh? Sounds like some detective story (look sir, theres leeches growing on the body! perhaps we can time and date the day he died?)

Doctor story? (Quick brenda, get the leeches before the blood blow one of his arteries!)

Horror story? (Look out! that giant leech has got grimsby!)

Bah, i can't think of a decent idea with leech in it.
Thu 22/07/04 at 10:03
Regular
"SOUP!"
make the leech metaphorical then.

That's what I'm doing.

Oh and Rickoss, is it ok if I use the plural for my idea?
Thu 22/07/04 at 10:09
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Just had a great plot in mind. :D
Thu 22/07/04 at 10:19
Regular
"tokyo police club"
It never even crossed my mind that it had to be about a real, proper Leech.

Ho hum.
Thu 22/07/04 at 10:20
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Oh, and Mr. Oss - when is the deadline?
Thu 22/07/04 at 10:41
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
mattributé wrote:
> Oh, and Mr. Oss - when is the deadline?

Rickoss wrote:
> so the closing date is 11th August.

:D
Thu 22/07/04 at 11:02
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
*gulp*

Only gives more time for Meka and the like to notice it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.