GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 8"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/07/04 at 13:16
Regular
Right, it seems it's that time again.

No real rules other than 1 entry per-person, and try not make them too long, I don't want my eyes bleeding too much.

The topic is: Leech

Extra points for making it a nice story, but I imagine that most likely won't happen.

Anyway, have fun, you've got three weeks to get something together, so the closing date is 11th August.

----------------------------------------

Well, here we go...

3rd - The Room [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=106803&forumid=423[/URL] - Ant
I loved this story, the atmosphere was wonderful, it was very bleak and left you asking questions. The ending was also wonderful.

2nd - Betrayal [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=106231&forumid=423[/URL] - mattributé
I'll admit I didn't get this at first, but after re-reading it after finding out it made me realise how well written it is. As ever with mattribute's story's, real emotions seem to have been poured into it.

1st - Monster [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=106415&forumid=423[/URL] - Grix Thraves
I really, really liked this, an interesting perception of the topic and had a truly wonderful atmosphere throughout. It just felt real, painting such vivid pictures in your mind and had such character. The ending was just the icing on the cake.

Well done the winners, and everyone who entered. Looks like Grix will have the task of setting SSC9. The entries were all of top quality and were a joy to read. :-)
Sat 14/08/04 at 22:17
Regular
"I like cheese"
Yay, first entry and a 3rd place. :D

Thanks Rick-man. :P
Sat 14/08/04 at 16:08
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Secret Cheesecake, I think.
Sat 14/08/04 at 16:04
Regular
Ashman wrote:
> ...erm?
>
> I never said his last topic was bad. Just because I said I prayed
> that the new topic would be good doesn't mean his last one was bad.

I was talking to Paradox. He said it was crap.

What was the last title, anyway?
Thu 12/08/04 at 22:17
Regular
Jon Bon Jovi, secretly
Thu 12/08/04 at 22:15
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Who's Grix?
Thu 12/08/04 at 22:00
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Thanks Rickoss, much appreciated

Sorry people weren't that happy with the last title, I'll make it nice and simple for you this time :P

..yeah, like hell I will. Use your imaginations you lazy f**ks.

- Grix (sorry, wrong thingy)
Thu 12/08/04 at 18:15
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Oh I don't know about that. I had rather a lot of fun with the cheesecake topic :)
Thu 12/08/04 at 17:11
Regular
"SOUP!"
...but it was
Thu 12/08/04 at 16:50
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Mav wrote:
> What was so bad about Grix's last title?

...erm?

I never said his last topic was bad. Just because I said I prayed that the new topic would be good doesn't mean his last one was bad.
Thu 12/08/04 at 14:26
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well Done

I read all of those as well

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.