GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox 2 / Xenon - "Late October / Early November""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/02/05 at 02:54
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Who would of thought it, eh? It's been going around industry circles for weeks, but finally the fact has leaked that the next generation console war may begin as early as Q4 2005 - and not just in America. Apparently Microsoft UK are planning a winter launch extravanganza for the Xbox 2 only weeks after the US launch.

However, some are criticising the move and claim it's forcing this generation of consoles to end too quickly, and that the current crop have plenty left to achieve. Saying this, the Xbox first party schedule has seemingly 'dried up' and, along with shortages of the console, one wonders why they are trying to push Xenon so hard for 05'.

I've adapted this from [URL]http://gamesindustry.biz/[/URL], which has the whole article.

I wonder whether this will force the other 'big 2' into an early 06 launch, if not Q4 05?
Sat 12/02/05 at 02:54
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Who would of thought it, eh? It's been going around industry circles for weeks, but finally the fact has leaked that the next generation console war may begin as early as Q4 2005 - and not just in America. Apparently Microsoft UK are planning a winter launch extravanganza for the Xbox 2 only weeks after the US launch.

However, some are criticising the move and claim it's forcing this generation of consoles to end too quickly, and that the current crop have plenty left to achieve. Saying this, the Xbox first party schedule has seemingly 'dried up' and, along with shortages of the console, one wonders why they are trying to push Xenon so hard for 05'.

I've adapted this from [URL]http://gamesindustry.biz/[/URL], which has the whole article.

I wonder whether this will force the other 'big 2' into an early 06 launch, if not Q4 05?
Sat 12/02/05 at 12:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm not buying it.
Sat 12/02/05 at 12:13
Regular
"8==="
I'm not buying it

at launch unless oblivion's on it and then I will buy it and I won't be heard from for six months.
Sat 12/02/05 at 12:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmmm, Oblivion.

If that's on Revolution, I'll be sorted for evah.
Sat 12/02/05 at 12:15
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Probably the worst move Microsoft have ever made.
Sat 12/02/05 at 12:15
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Oblivion?

Ah Morrowind.
Sat 12/02/05 at 12:24
Regular
I doubt I'll be getting Xbox 2 this year.

It's bound to have a large price drop a few months after release so unless there's a game I really want, I'll probably wait for Nintendo's console before making my decision.
Sat 12/02/05 at 12:47
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
It does seem a little silly to be launching it so soon - and Tiltawhirl's right, the price will inevitably drop quite dramatically after a month or two.
Sat 12/02/05 at 12:49
Regular
"8==="
Apparently EA's releases will be on both Xbox and Xbox 2 at launch.
Sat 12/02/05 at 13:08
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
It will probably begin life at about 500 quid. Then within a few months drop to 150-200 quid ish.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.