GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just Ordered Pikmin 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'pikmin 2'.
Sat 12/02/05 at 11:52
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Without ever playing a Pikmin game so it's your jobs to tell me how good it is so I can put my mind at ease. Also tell me what sort of game it is how long it lasts you know the basic stuff. Oh and include a couple of OMG IT'S REALLY GR8!!111
Mon 14/02/05 at 01:49
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
And the long-livity?

Oh and are you nocturnul ot something?
Sun 13/02/05 at 21:10
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Wink wrote:
> Ah, how many variation's of Pikmin are there? Well to start with and
> does it last a nice little age?

There are technically 5. Red are fire resistant, Yellows are electric resistant and can be thrown higher, blue can go in water, purple are ten times as strong as the others and whites can survive poisonous areas and also posion enemies when eaten. There's a hybrid green Pikmin which has all of the above traits but you only get them at limited times during the game.
Sun 13/02/05 at 20:48
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Ah, how many variation's of Pikmin are there? Well to start with and does it last a nice little age?
Sun 13/02/05 at 20:44
Regular
You play the game via days, you have to have your pikmin safe by the end of the day because you can't be on the planet surface as the nocturnal creatures will kill you.

It adds a time management aspect.

Each day lasts about 30 minutes.

The original Pikmin only allowed for 30 days in total or Olimar would die.

This time you can have as many days as you want. Therefore the restrictive time limit no longer exists.
Sun 13/02/05 at 19:55
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Day limits? Wha?

Never mind, my stupidity.
Sun 13/02/05 at 19:46
Regular
There is still day limits, but not the universal 30 day limit.

You can make as many pikmin as you want but you can only control 100 at a time.

It is one of the best games on the Gamecube by a long way. Right up there with Sunshine, Wind Waker and Metroid Prime for being so brilliant.
Sat 12/02/05 at 17:05
Regular
"8==="
You've ordered it. Now shut it. :P
Sat 12/02/05 at 16:55
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
I mean a ridiculous limit.
Sat 12/02/05 at 16:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
You have a limit of Pikmin in this one - but you try controlling more than 100 at a time........

He meant a time limit. There are none.
Sat 12/02/05 at 16:54
Regular
"8==="
I'm guessing it does otherwise it'd be a bit stupid wouldn't it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.