GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just Ordered Pikmin 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'pikmin 2'.
Sat 12/02/05 at 11:52
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Without ever playing a Pikmin game so it's your jobs to tell me how good it is so I can put my mind at ease. Also tell me what sort of game it is how long it lasts you know the basic stuff. Oh and include a couple of OMG IT'S REALLY GR8!!111
Mon 14/02/05 at 21:50
Regular
munn wrote:
> You paid for Pikmin 2?
>
> Oh you poor soul.
>
> I got it for free and I still wish I didn't have it.
>
> It started off good, then about halfway through it, it's all the
> exact same over and over and over.
>
> I got too annoyed with the piece of crap that it was.

We're talking of Pikmin 2, what game are you referring to?

As far as I'm concerned Pikmin 2 kept up the pace till the very end, changing the game and its challenges perfectly to keep the experience fresh and exciting. One of Nintendo's finest releases.
Mon 14/02/05 at 21:17
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
The Hole of Heroes is extremely hard. But Pikmin 2 is better than the original because:

-The 2 player mode
-White Pikmin are the dudes
-No time limit
-Bigger levels
-Randomly generated cave floors
-No time limit
-Two characters
-No time limit
-No time limit
Mon 14/02/05 at 20:16
Regular
You paid for Pikmin 2?

Oh you poor soul.

I got it for free and I still wish I didn't have it.

It started off good, then about halfway through it, it's all the exact same over and over and over.

I got too annoyed with the piece of crap that it was.
Mon 14/02/05 at 19:53
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Fecking loving it now, just did this bird thing over with my poisin Pikmin a definate for the GC IMO.
Mon 14/02/05 at 18:52
Regular
"thursdayton!"
You can spend as many in-game days as you like on Pikmin 2, there's no limit. You still have the night/day system same as the original, although as most of the time you're in caves that doesn't matter. You'll probably love the sequel.
Mon 14/02/05 at 16:34
Regular
"0228"
I've never played Pikmin 2 but I've got Pikmin and I'm on 18 parts in 17 days. I don't like the 30 day time limit because the parts seem to have become mush harder to find meaning I have to replay some days many times so I don't end up having to get 5 pieces on the final day. I may invest in Pikmin 2 if there's no time limit.
Mon 14/02/05 at 16:19
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
On the second zone thing and had an attempt at fighting a catapillar not realising that he would decimate me. :S Still now iv'e got him dead wiht only 1 pikmin death. Liking it so far sort of The Neverending Story with cute little plant thingies.

Great stuff.
Mon 14/02/05 at 14:55
Regular
"thursdayton!"
cweek2000 wrote:
> Pikmin 2 is amazing. Story mode gets way too hard near the end though.
> It has one of the longest lifespans of a nintendo game.

The story mode doesn't get hard until the final boss which took me a few rather annoying attempts.

>
> 2-player co-op's awesome, but battle mode could be better.

I disagree, I much prefer beating my opponent in Battle mode than working co-operatively. :S
Mon 14/02/05 at 14:29
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Pikmin 2 is amazing. Story mode gets way too hard near the end though. It has one of the longest lifespans of a nintendo game.

2-player co-op's awesome, but battle mode could be better.
Mon 14/02/05 at 14:05
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Sleep is a waste of time.

And yeh, Pikmin 2 will last you quite a while, it doesn't take you long to clear the debt and "complete the game" but after that you go back to get the rest of the treasures and get a new area to explore as well. Getting everything took me about 35 hours I think, but I spent a couple of days just running around enjoying playing the game and not really doing much :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.