GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Just Ordered Pikmin 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'pikmin 2'.
Sat 12/02/05 at 11:52
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Without ever playing a Pikmin game so it's your jobs to tell me how good it is so I can put my mind at ease. Also tell me what sort of game it is how long it lasts you know the basic stuff. Oh and include a couple of OMG IT'S REALLY GR8!!111
Wed 16/02/05 at 10:25
Regular
"the burning sky"
It was a good game while it lasted, well saying that I never did finish it. Resi4 is the only proper single player I've completed since Wind-waker. Proper multiplayer games alway seem to take precedence. I will come back to it one day, as I will Eternal Darkness!
Wed 16/02/05 at 02:41
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> I can see how Sunshine can dissapoint some, I can see how Wind Waker
> wasn't what most Zelda fans wanted...

I enjoyed both of those greatly, but I grew tired of both Pikmins very quickly.
Wed 16/02/05 at 00:44
Regular
"thursdayton!"
*Agrees with Dringo*

The Piklopedia was a fun addition too.
Tue 15/02/05 at 23:41
Regular
No... way. The caves were ingenious, especially the later one such as that rolling boss cave, that was smart, and the one that required only one type of Pikmin and so forth. It was a very very smart little system.

The levels were broader, the enemies more interesting, new additions for the Pikmin were useful and the loss of the "bombs" were not missed at all.

The Pikmin swayed and sung, the collectables can be located in a seperate menu, the game was far longer and even more addictive. It was presented so well. The beginning scene where the Pikmin fell on the Nintendo sign were randomly generated too.

It was so much fun, the levels were designed so well, the game was rather amusing too and the entire thing played like a master class of Nintendo gaming.

The dual character system was useful, spending a day building an army was fun and the graphics were astonishing.

I can see how Sunshine can dissapoint some, I can see how Wind Waker wasn't what most Zelda fans wanted... but Pikmin 2 is Nintendo's biggest in house masterpiece in years.
Tue 15/02/05 at 16:39
Regular
The only reason to play it is the bosses.
The bosses were wonderful, everything else was crap.

Pikmin 1 was better - it didn't have any damn caves.
Tue 15/02/05 at 16:38
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> munn wrote:
> You paid for Pikmin 2?
>
> We're talking of Pikmin 2, what game are you referring to?
>
> As far as I'm concerned Pikmin 2 kept up the pace till the very end,
> changing the game and its challenges perfectly to keep the experience
> fresh and exciting. One of Nintendo's finest releases.

It was easy, and every level was virtually the same - boring.
Tue 15/02/05 at 16:36
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
>
> OOT took me 55 hours.

!

I got to the castle to fight Ganondorf but then it crashed. That was 20 hours.

55!?
Tue 15/02/05 at 16:34
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Munn you really do have no taste.
Mon 14/02/05 at 21:56
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
I mean with challenge and multiplayer added.
Mon 14/02/05 at 21:52
Regular
cweek2000 wrote:
> Pikmin 2 is amazing. Story mode gets way too hard near the end though.
> It has one of the longest lifespans of a nintendo game.

What? Going back to get Looie takes a while but the game took me what... 20... 25 hours.

OOT took me 55 hours.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.