GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto'.
Fri 18/02/05 at 01:42
Regular
"Catch it!"
Was there ever a arcade game for this because I wanted to know was it ever in the arcades?
Mon 06/06/05 at 17:04
Regular
An arcade version of GTA really wouldn't work.

They'd have to get rid of the original missions and replace them with about 3 or 4 "challenges" which each take about 10 minutes to complete. I dunno, something like "kill the rats" where the aim is to race around shooting up gangsters who wired to the feds. Or something along those lines.

To be honest though, a GTA game in the arcades would never happen because of the moral outcry that would be sure to follow. "How can they let our youth play such filth in public?!".
Sun 05/06/05 at 23:59
Regular
"you've got a beard"
out of interest, given how many missions there are in the GTA games, how would you envision an arcade port to work?
either it's cheap and the players buy so many lives that only a few people get to play because the games go on for ages, or you die having done about 1% of the game.
Sun 05/06/05 at 20:24
Regular
"Catch it!"
Did you ever go to fun in the park at hylands? Because I got to play it for free then and I think I got to the end to.
Sun 05/06/05 at 10:23
Regular
I think I completed it. Dunno why I carried on playing it through to the end.
Sat 04/06/05 at 21:58
Regular
"Catch it!"
Yeah that was wicked how far did you get?
Sat 04/06/05 at 20:53
Regular
The bit with the T-rex was fun though. You know, the bit where you rampaged throught the army guys' camp and ate everyone.

And then you got past that level and the game went back to being just as dire as before.
Sat 04/06/05 at 20:47
Regular
"Catch it!"
It never did,did it they just released that crappy one. When you use to walk around as the stupid little dinosour.
Sat 04/06/05 at 20:32
Regular
Oh God yeah I forgot about that bit.

Damn I wish it got a PS1 release.
Sat 04/06/05 at 20:21
Regular
"Catch it!"
Del Rogeo wrote:
> C®ø§$ Bób wrote:
> Yeah I know sorry ok what was the best shooting/driving game in the
> arcades,what do you think?
>
> There was this really cool shooting game of "The Lost
> World" where you sat inside this little booth in front of a
> massive screen and blasted the hell out of a bunch of dinos. And then
> the PS1 version turned up and it was a crap platformer.

That arcade one was great when the giant T.REX chased you.
Fri 03/06/05 at 11:25
Regular
C®ø§$ Bób wrote:
> Yeah I know sorry ok what was the best shooting/driving game in the
> arcades,what do you think?

There was this really cool shooting game of "The Lost World" where you sat inside this little booth in front of a massive screen and blasted the hell out of a bunch of dinos. And then the PS1 version turned up and it was a crap platformer.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.