GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto'.
Fri 18/02/05 at 01:42
Regular
"Catch it!"
Was there ever a arcade game for this because I wanted to know was it ever in the arcades?
Wed 08/06/05 at 14:15
Regular
C®ø§$ Bób wrote:
> Well I ment with gore,for example house of dead. That had so much gore
> that blood even splatted over the screen,when you blew a zombies head
> off.

Difference:

GTA allows, almost encourages, the killing of innocent people, complete with blood, gore, screaming and swearing. House of the Dead encourages you to save innocent people (who shed no blood should they be killed) by shooting (not killing, because zombies are already dead) rampaging zombies who have green blood, if I remember correctly. What seems worse in the eyes of an OAP/Christian/Miserable old git? Saving people or beating/shooting/stabbing/slashing/crushing/chainsawing people to death? Plus HOTD contains no bad language, drug abuse or sexual references.
Wed 08/06/05 at 12:56
"Was the man of marz"
Hedfix wrote:
> GTA 1 or 2 wouldn't work on an arcade machine?

I can picture waitin' in line for that

*shivers*

Whilst I'm here, might aswell ask something constructive: did anyone ever play the 3D Gta on PC. It may ave just been onthe sold out release but I remember there being a 3D mode that I couldn't play dueto the fact my graphics card was shabby and shakey when playing back video.
Wed 08/06/05 at 12:24
Regular
"8==="
Oriental Rib wrote:
> Crossbob, shut up. GTA would not work on an arcade machine.

GTA 1 or 2 wouldn't work on an arcade machine?

You're having a laugh.
Wed 08/06/05 at 12:23
Regular
Crossbob, shut up. GTA would not work on an arcade machine.
Tue 07/06/05 at 23:15
Regular
"Catch it!"
Yeah but there are some games when you can get weapons to hit people with.
Tue 07/06/05 at 22:58
Regular
"you've got a beard"
that's NOTHING like GTA.

the outcry about GTA was because of the content of the game, not the blood.
i hardly think anyone would be offended by House of the Dead... unless you're aware of some zombie civil rights groups that i'm not? :)

anyways the point is, encouraging people to cause a flying zombie to die is VASTLY different to encouraging players to cave someones face in with a baseball bat. i'm fairly sure there are more idiots with baseball bats in the world than there are zombies.
Tue 07/06/05 at 21:26
Regular
"Catch it!"
Well I ment with gore,for example house of dead. That had so much gore that blood even splatted over the screen,when you blew a zombies head off.
Tue 07/06/05 at 19:26
Regular
"you've got a beard"
like what?
Mon 06/06/05 at 22:16
Regular
"Catch it!"
Del Rogeo wrote:
> An arcade version of GTA really wouldn't work.
>
> They'd have to get rid of the original missions and replace them with
> about 3 or 4 "challenges" which each take about 10 minutes
> to complete. I dunno, something like "kill the rats" where
> the aim is to race around shooting up gangsters who wired to the
> feds. Or something along those lines.
>
> To be honest though, a GTA game in the arcades would never happen
> because of the moral outcry that would be sure to follow. "How
> can they let our youth play such filth in public?!".

They have other games like it.
Mon 06/06/05 at 18:40
Regular
"you've got a beard"
hehe, you just took a daily mail headline and added the words "in public" didn't you? :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.