GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I love eBay..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/06/04 at 18:09
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I gave some bloke positive feedback and he's having a go at me about it!

Madness!

Basically he overcharged me for the P&P and didn't offer a refund so I just wrote 'Slightly expensive P&P but otherwise excellent transaction' as the feedback.

He's now attempting to have a go at me via email using some strange inbred attempt at English.

I'll post it here later, it's quite amusing.
Tue 29/06/04 at 20:12
Regular
It's pretty tempting to overcharge people for P&P, you can buy very cheap packaging in bulk. Charge as little as £0.50 and sell just 200 items and already you've made £100 from overcharging. Of course you can't always tell if the packaging is from a cheap mail order company or an expensive retail shop like WHSmith or Post Office.

As a buyer on ebay I would hate to have percentage charges for using electronic payments like Paypal (I know you're not allowed to do that but I still notice lots of big sellers still ask for it). However as a seller I really dont like paying all these fees, from selling on Yahoo! auctions years ago the only fee I paid was £0.00 so I don't like ebays fees, but to add yet another with paypal even though it is convinient it's still cutting a lot out of your profit.
Tue 29/06/04 at 20:03
Regular
"a.k.a King"
true true
Tue 29/06/04 at 20:02
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Na, then he can probably sue me for something related to Data Protection if everyone emails him.

He's from Sheffield so I'm guessing he'll need the money.*

*Sheffield = Worst city ever.

Apart from the trams, they're cool.
Tue 29/06/04 at 20:00
Regular
"a.k.a King"
phillip, post that email with the man
Tue 29/06/04 at 19:59
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Stranger In Paradise wrote:

> If the guy stated £3.50 then it's your own stupid fault for
> buying it in the first place - by buying you form a contract to buy
> at the final price and stated postage.

It cost me £5.65 overall, not exactly millions.

> Sometimes I think eBay should have a "stupidity" terms and
> conditions because some people sure as hell need it....

Which could be you in this case for not knowing the T&C.

They say that if you receive the product and P&P costed less than what you were charged the buyer should refund the difference.

The contract only goes towards the final price, the P&P is just for postage and packaging, people are not allowed to make a profit off of it.
Tue 29/06/04 at 19:56
Regular
"a.k.a King"
where
Tue 29/06/04 at 19:55
Regular
"bit of a brain"
He already did if you'd look.
Tue 29/06/04 at 19:53
Regular
"a.k.a King"
Tell that Phillip bloke to post the email from that man so we can all laugh at him
Tue 29/06/04 at 19:52
Regular
"SOUP!"
Yeah, there's plenty of people who complain about the postgae price after they've bid on an item when the postage was clearly shown in the item description.
Tue 29/06/04 at 19:46
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Actually eBay only states sellers can charge a reasonable amount for postage and packing AND handling, and that you can only complain if you are charged an excessive amount when the amount was not stated on the item page.

If the guy stated £3.50 then it's your own stupid fault for buying it in the first place - by buying you form a contract to buy at the final price and stated postage.

Sometimes I think eBay should have a "stupidity" terms and conditions because some people sure as hell need it....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.