GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I love eBay..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/06/04 at 18:09
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I gave some bloke positive feedback and he's having a go at me about it!

Madness!

Basically he overcharged me for the P&P and didn't offer a refund so I just wrote 'Slightly expensive P&P but otherwise excellent transaction' as the feedback.

He's now attempting to have a go at me via email using some strange inbred attempt at English.

I'll post it here later, it's quite amusing.
Wed 30/06/04 at 10:44
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I did see the P&P and knew it was OTT, just it came to £5.50 overall so I got it as it was still cheaper.

And there's a number of T&C that could apply to this, there's one where people are not allowed to charge extortionate P&P on goods, let's say this cost £1 overall, a 250% increase on what he paid seems high enough to qualify for that.

I don't really care, just he made a rubbish excuse for it and he got a small comment in his positive feedback.

I got a controller, he got positive feedback.
Wed 30/06/04 at 10:38
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Fooly Cooly wrote:
> You should have tried phoning her up. If the number is fake then ebay
> suspend her account.

Yeah thats basically what happened, her number was dead when rang ebay suspended her account, she still moaned about it afterwards saying she didnt understand what our problem was. STOOPID COW The rest of it is she was doing this with loads of other items on ebay and no one had clicked or gave her bad feedback but she was making loads of money.
Wed 30/06/04 at 10:35
Regular
You should have tried phoning her up. If the number is fake then ebay suspend her account.
Wed 30/06/04 at 10:31
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Ebay is good at time but you get the odd idiot that always C***s everything up.

I ordered something of Ebay a while ago off some woman, She recieved payment for the item we purchased and then we never recieved the item.

She then emailed us saying the item had been bought by some other person.

The thing is we never had our money back and what made it worse she never sold the item to anyone, she continued selling this item over and over again and recieved the money from diff people.

She started getting loads of bad feedback and i put in my 2 pence worth and she emailed me back with loads of crap.

But she was dealt with in the end but our money was not returned.
Wed 30/06/04 at 09:59
Regular
"Teal'c"
i am that man from sheffield and my 3 year old son could kick your ass and wriyte a poem of a thousand pages good bye
Wed 30/06/04 at 09:29
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I still don't get why he's going crazy - positive feedback..?
Wed 30/06/04 at 08:15
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
phi11ip wrote:
> Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> Sometimes I think eBay should have a "stupidity" terms and
> conditions because some people sure as hell need it....
>
> Which could be you in this case for not knowing the T&C.
>
> They say that if you receive the product and P&P costed less than
> what you were charged the buyer should refund the difference.
>
> The contract only goes towards the final price, the P&P is just
> for postage and packaging, people are not allowed to make a profit
> off of it.

Nope, it's you for thinking that 3.50 was a reasonable charge for a joypad...I mean at that price you'd be looking at something weighting nearly 1KG! Try going to eBay if you want but they'll point you straight at this page [URL]http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/buytrust-shipping.html[/URL] or similar....and this one [URL]http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/listing-shipping.html[/URL] which clearly states the seller can make charges provided they are up front, and that if in doubt the buyer should ask about them BEFORE bidding.

The contract is the final price and stated postage, the postage can be changed but only if buyer and seller agree.

And while were here, by posting the contents of the guy's email, you'd have broken the T&C's anyway.

Don't get me wrong, you've been ripped off by this guy, but it's more your fault than his - I'd guess you saw a cheap pad and just bid for it instead of wondering why it was going so cheap (ie the exorbitant postage charge)...
Tue 29/06/04 at 21:50
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I just don't pay the 5%, nobody ever cares as they know it's against the T&C.

If they do moan you report them to eBay, most are scared of having bad feedback so they'll just play along.
Tue 29/06/04 at 21:05
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I can see where the paypal chargers are coming from though, i dont charge people to pay me with paypal because i sell so little that the charges are pretty nominal, but if i sold quite alot of items and accepted paypal with no surcharge i would be down quite a bit of money.
Tue 29/06/04 at 20:22
Regular
yeah i hate paypal percentage people. they are nobs and on the whole to be ignored.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.