GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Laptop arrived today...but I'm fuming!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/06/04 at 16:29
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
My Toshiba Satellite A10 Pro arrived early this morning. Cracking little thing...apart from one little annoyance...

[URL]http://www.newslinks.co.uk/randomimages/fault1.jpg[/URL]

[URL]http://www.newslinks.co.uk/randomimages/fault2.jpg[/URL]

And no, my background image doesn't have a line at the top on it...it's the stupid screen. >:(
Fri 02/07/04 at 01:54
Regular
I have a Fujitsu-Siemens laptop. The build quality is superb, and I can't fault the design, other than the annoying (when it's on) fan.
Thu 01/07/04 at 21:39
Regular
"Touched!"
I've decided to stick with my current rig, parents have allowed me to borrow their laptop to use at uni which has just saved me a lot of cash :)
Thu 01/07/04 at 20:46
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Fujitsu Siemans are renoun for putting cack internal modems in their laptops/PC's, other than that they are usually competative in price with a decent length of warranty.
Thu 01/07/04 at 15:48
Regular
"Touched!"
I've just got the laptop back fixed within 2 days! Excellent service, I know which laptop i'll be getting!
Wed 30/06/04 at 19:12
Regular
"Touched!"
How much would another stick be? (PC2100) of 512mb? I have a P4 Fu-siemens laptop and it's been solid as a rock, until some screws randomly fell out of the laptop the other day (from the inside) it still seemed ok but rather than risking it I've sent it away for them to screw it all back in place and check it's running ok, which worried me a bit but these things sometimes happen due to heating issues I guess, hopefully they will be quick about it, they seemed really helpful on the phone though. Oh and If anyone wants an X800 for £270 they can have it as I am just gonna stick with the laptop as my comp for uni and home use. If anyone is interested in any of these parts then give me a shout as I want rid asap.
Wed 30/06/04 at 18:33
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Made by Fujitsu-Siemens, sound good for the price?

Yes it does sound good, although you might want an extra 512mb RAM and XP Pro as opposed to Home.

Not sure about the manufacturer. :/
Wed 30/06/04 at 18:15
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm after a top spec one and I've found one that should suit my needs (needs to be powerful as I'm going to be using powerful game creating software such as lightwave, maya and Cinema 4D) for £1200, specs are:

Athlon 64 3400 (1mb cache)
15" Widescreen TFT
512mb DDR Ram
80gb HDD
ATI Radeon 9700 128mb
Wireless Lan
Modem
Windows XP Home
Word/Works etc

Made by Fujitsu-Siemens, sound good for the price?
Wed 30/06/04 at 09:50
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
cookie monster wrote:
> How much was your newer laptop UA?

£649.99, and it's a Toshiba A30. Came with 256mb RAM, and I stuck another 256mb in it, and it absolutely flies - start up is stupidly fast!

Very pleased with it. :)
Wed 30/06/04 at 02:57
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Hmm... XPstyle, I had to get rid of it after my rather cool "Laid back edition" boot screen started causing problems...

Although the thought of black toolbars has me re-considering...
Wed 30/06/04 at 00:16
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I run styleXp as well.

A black toolbar looks sexy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.