GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Laptop arrived today...but I'm fuming!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/06/04 at 16:29
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
My Toshiba Satellite A10 Pro arrived early this morning. Cracking little thing...apart from one little annoyance...

[URL]http://www.newslinks.co.uk/randomimages/fault1.jpg[/URL]

[URL]http://www.newslinks.co.uk/randomimages/fault2.jpg[/URL]

And no, my background image doesn't have a line at the top on it...it's the stupid screen. >:(
Wed 14/07/04 at 00:07
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Heh, i'd have to recharge just to watch lord of the rings.
Wed 14/07/04 at 00:04
Regular
"Touched!"
About 1.5 hours mate, I've been watching some DVD's and it plays them perfectly, plus they look so much better in widescreen.
Wed 14/07/04 at 00:00
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Just got the laptop I was after, the one your mate has Albert. Lovely
> laptop, scores 3k in 3D Mark 03 and 11,110 in 01, nice little
> graphics card in here, Radeon 9700, well worth it.

Christ, that must be like a desktop replacement. How fast does that chew through battery life?
Tue 13/07/04 at 21:23
Regular
"Touched!"
Just got the laptop I was after, the one your mate has Albert. Lovely laptop, scores 3k in 3D Mark 03 and 11,110 in 01, nice little graphics card in here, Radeon 9700, well worth it.
Fri 02/07/04 at 02:30
Regular
Aww, so you still get the pauses between idleness and a sudden burst of activity? Damn that.

The day I find a laptop which you can easily carry on your arm, can write on the screen, last for 4+ hours, is totally silent and doesn't stall between apps as well as being zippy on the polygon pushing side is the day I'll... cry. And never buy another computer ever again.
Fri 02/07/04 at 02:24
"I love yo... lamp."
Nope. It has speedstep stuff in it as well. So it will only run at 800 MHz instead of 2.2 GHz when it doesn't need to go any faster. And even then it seems to be a while before the fan kicks in.
Fri 02/07/04 at 02:15
Regular
I know, I put my finger on the heatsink of an Athlon Xp during my days of curiosity poking around PCs, and that was hot.

I trust that the A64 system needs constant fan whirring away?
Fri 02/07/04 at 02:07
"I love yo... lamp."
Only way to prevent that is to keep it under load.

Athlon 64s are not all that warm really, but the XPs can fry eggs. Literally. In fact I'm pretty sure I could get 3rd degree burns from putting it on my knee when it has heated up completely.
Fri 02/07/04 at 02:02
Regular
Yeah, I've heard the Athlon64's aren't so much the heat spitters that the P4s turned out to be. To be honest, the Speedstepping from the P-M is winding me up; switching between apps between periods of idleness (~10 min) causes the PC to stall while it gets the processor up to speed.
Fri 02/07/04 at 01:56
"I love yo... lamp."
Algy has the laptop Spikecast posted earlier. The thing is a beast.

Not very heavy, not all that warm either even under considerable load. Great wireless as well. I'm thinking about stealing it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.