GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which one? Resi 4 or Timesplitters 3?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/02/05 at 21:24
Regular
Yes, yes. I know you are all going to say Resident Evil 4. But, the thing is, I'm not terribly fond of scary games. So, is it scarier than Resident Evil Remake? I probably got scared of that because of the annoying control system more than anything. I can't even bring myself to play Doom 3! Is it more actiony than scares? Otherwise I might get it. But I just don't know... If scary games have more action than creeping around corriders I probbaly won't be as scared..

Or I could get TS3. I have to admit, it will probably more fun. Hopefully should have a much better Single player. And I could invite a few friends over for a multiplayer match.

So, which one? (please take into account of what I said above)
Mon 21/02/05 at 18:16
Regular
"0228"
I'm still unsure about getting Resi 4 despite the excellent reviews. The only other game from the series that I've played is the remake of the original but I found it hard to get into. The controls were particuarly annoying and the save system was also annoying. Also, and most importantly, I was crap at it, I didn't even get to the second disk.
Mon 21/02/05 at 18:29
Regular
"Great with butter"
JFH wrote:
> I'm still unsure about getting Resi 4 despite the excellent reviews.
> The only other game from the series that I've played is the remake of
> the original but I found it hard to get into. The controls were
> particuarly annoying and the save system was also annoying. Also, and
> most importantly, I was crap at it, I didn't even get to the second
> disk.

Well it's extremely different mate, so don't hesitate to get it. Control issues have been improved drastically and it is so incredibly different.
A thing you might be interested about though is that it is very hard. So be warned.
Mon 21/02/05 at 18:42
Regular
"Pwned"
Tphi wrote:
> firestarter wrote:
> CUBE gave Resident Evil 4 a 9.8, which was their highest score ever.
>
> I stopped buying that magazine the issue they gave Starfox a 9.4.

I remember them changing it to somthing like 7.4 a few issues later, realising the mistake they made.
Mon 21/02/05 at 19:10
Regular
"thursdayton!"
firestarter wrote:
> I remember them changing it to somthing like 7.4 a few issues later,
> realising the mistake they made.

I never saw that, but if they did they are spineless fools. It's even got their old review on their website where they claim it's a better game than Sunshine. Morons.
Mon 21/02/05 at 19:16
Regular
"Underbean"
Wow stickers....
Tue 22/02/05 at 11:15
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Resident Evil 4 is one of the greatest games of all time.

Now work it out.
Tue 22/02/05 at 12:40
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Cycloon wrote:
> Resident Evil 4 is one of the greatest games of all time.
>
> Now work it out.

Agreed. Finished it yesterday and have to say that I enjoyed every blood soaked minute of it.
If it was a choice between this and TS3, I'd have to go with Resi 4, mainly because I thought TS2 was a bit, well, crap.
Tue 22/02/05 at 15:05
Regular
RE 4

End.
Tue 22/02/05 at 22:17
Regular
I'd still pick Timesplitters 3.
Tue 22/02/05 at 23:45
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Both.

Thank the lord for child benefit being paid straight into my account.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.