GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which one? Resi 4 or Timesplitters 3?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/02/05 at 21:24
Regular
Yes, yes. I know you are all going to say Resident Evil 4. But, the thing is, I'm not terribly fond of scary games. So, is it scarier than Resident Evil Remake? I probably got scared of that because of the annoying control system more than anything. I can't even bring myself to play Doom 3! Is it more actiony than scares? Otherwise I might get it. But I just don't know... If scary games have more action than creeping around corriders I probbaly won't be as scared..

Or I could get TS3. I have to admit, it will probably more fun. Hopefully should have a much better Single player. And I could invite a few friends over for a multiplayer match.

So, which one? (please take into account of what I said above)
Mon 21/02/05 at 13:27
Regular
Well, I claimed TS3 back at the end of December, and if I won another game, I'd get Resi 4, but I'd pay for TS3, wheras I'm not terribly fond of the Resi series, so I'd only take it for free.

me = cheap old git.
Mon 21/02/05 at 13:28
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
me = agreeing
Mon 21/02/05 at 16:06
Regular
cweek2000 wrote:
> I'd choose Timesplitters 3, but that's because I loved TS2 so much.

Yeah.

But I'm a big Resi fan too.

it's a tough decision.
Mon 21/02/05 at 16:26
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Depends on the chances of being able to play multiplayer for a good amount of time over the next few months.
Mon 21/02/05 at 16:47
Regular
cweek2000 wrote:
> Depends on the chances of being able to play multiplayer for a good
> amount of time over the next few months.

TS3 has a good single player too I'd imagine. And improved adventure section and a good selection of challenges and arcades. That'd keep me going for 2005.
Mon 21/02/05 at 16:56
Regular
"Great with butter"
I felt that Timseplitters 2 was just simply superb - it was so different and the challenges were really well done.

Sadly though, I am not pushed to get many third party Gamecube conversions anymore, due to its lack of online play, so the Xbox will be my choice to get TS3 on. Hopefully (even on EA's terrible server) it will be great fun.
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Put it this way - Resi 4 is totally different from he other Resi's and is getting scores near perfect from everyone.

TS3 is TS2 with added extras, rather than a new experience.
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:24
Regular
"Pwned"
CUBE gave Resident Evil 4 a 9.8, which was their highest score ever.
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:49
Regular
"thursdayton!"
firestarter wrote:
> CUBE gave Resident Evil 4 a 9.8, which was their highest score ever.

I stopped buying that magazine the issue they gave Starfox a 9.4.
Mon 21/02/05 at 17:49
Regular
Resident Evil has managed to make me find out its release date so I'm definately buying it, not many games do that to me nowadays. It's nice thinking, "it comes out soon" for the first time in ages, usually its just a case of browsing my local gameshop and buying everything that catches my eye.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.