GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which one? Resi 4 or Timesplitters 3?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/02/05 at 21:24
Regular
Yes, yes. I know you are all going to say Resident Evil 4. But, the thing is, I'm not terribly fond of scary games. So, is it scarier than Resident Evil Remake? I probably got scared of that because of the annoying control system more than anything. I can't even bring myself to play Doom 3! Is it more actiony than scares? Otherwise I might get it. But I just don't know... If scary games have more action than creeping around corriders I probbaly won't be as scared..

Or I could get TS3. I have to admit, it will probably more fun. Hopefully should have a much better Single player. And I could invite a few friends over for a multiplayer match.

So, which one? (please take into account of what I said above)
Sun 20/02/05 at 21:24
Regular
Yes, yes. I know you are all going to say Resident Evil 4. But, the thing is, I'm not terribly fond of scary games. So, is it scarier than Resident Evil Remake? I probably got scared of that because of the annoying control system more than anything. I can't even bring myself to play Doom 3! Is it more actiony than scares? Otherwise I might get it. But I just don't know... If scary games have more action than creeping around corriders I probbaly won't be as scared..

Or I could get TS3. I have to admit, it will probably more fun. Hopefully should have a much better Single player. And I could invite a few friends over for a multiplayer match.

So, which one? (please take into account of what I said above)
Sun 20/02/05 at 21:31
"period drama"
Buy TS3 then, you foolish pansy.
Sun 20/02/05 at 21:47
Regular
"Great with butter"
I'm not you, so how the hell am I suppose to know?
However, taking account on what you said, I couldn't say, so here is a tiny bit of info -

Resident Evil 4 - not really as scary as in 'rah' but it presses the panic button again and again. And again. Much more action, controls are far better, interactive environments and it is one of the greatest games ever. Take that bit into consideration.

Timesplitters 3 - like No.2 but with veichles and gore and great multiplayer.

Whatever you prefer, then get it. Don't come crying back to me though.
Sun 20/02/05 at 22:01
Regular
"the burning sky"
Since I imported Resi4, I'll be able to get both. To be honest if you are a fan of the Resi's it will not disappoint. This time around its not so bad in the scare department, a few here or there. I'd say its much more tense than anything. I didn't find it that frightening, and I couldn't even play Remake, tho' that probably was because of the control system as you said. 'Tis a top quality single player game. On the other hand you have TS3 which is guaranteed multiplayer fun. So you have to decide what you want more, single player or multiplayer. Tis a hard decision that I'm glad I dont have to make. :^P
Sun 20/02/05 at 22:13
Regular
"Great with butter"
Tomoose wrote:
> Tis a hard decision that I'm glad I dont have to make. :^P

Lucky b'stard!

Well I will be getting a DS, but I am dying to get my hands on Resi Evil 4 (no pun intended) and then there is Splinter Cell 3, Viewtiful Joe 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, blah blah blah - it's all a bit too much! :0
Sun 20/02/05 at 22:32
Regular
It's a tough decision I'm glad I don't have to make.

If I had to choose between TS3 and Resi 4 though I'd go with the former.
Sun 20/02/05 at 22:45
Regular
Resi 4 is the reason i got my cube, however i saw a review of TS3 and it looked sweet, although i havnt played the others before, mainly since i didnt have a cube. Do you reckon ill be able to play the new one without playing the others, or will i just get confused?
Sun 20/02/05 at 22:47
Regular
"The definitive tag"
nova prospekt wrote:
> Resi 4 is the reason i got my cube, however i saw a review of TS3 and
> it looked sweet, although i havnt played the others before, mainly
> since i didnt have a cube. Do you reckon ill be able to play the new
> one without playing the others, or will i just get confused?

You know you can play Timesplitters 2 on the Gamecube.
Sun 20/02/05 at 23:02
Regular
nova prospekt wrote:
> Resi 4 is the reason i got my cube, however i saw a review of TS3 and
> it looked sweet, although i havnt played the others before, mainly
> since i didnt have a cube. Do you reckon ill be able to play the new
> one without playing the others, or will i just get confused?

Timesplitters has a story line which is about as effective as one from a fighting game, so if its plot you're worried about then no, you wont have any difficulties understanding it. If you've played the previous ones, you'll obviously have a grasp of the controls, but to be honest all of the FPS games I've played on the Cube follow the same basics, which is as it should be.
Mon 21/02/05 at 13:01
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
I'd choose Timesplitters 3, but that's because I loved TS2 so much.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.