GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PLAYSTATION 2 What has it going for it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/04/01 at 21:08
Regular
Right lets get this over and done with shall we?

Where are all the AAA titles we where promised for the PS2??
After all the machine has had so much hype that you would expect something decent to appear by now!

Look at the number of developers creating games for it, with that rate you would expect to see TOP QUALITY games. Not Cheap rushed efforts, 3DO Take note, ie 'No more Army Men games'.
And dont say that Sega's games are a blessing either. Because you only have to look at the games screenshots to come to the conclusion, that they look no-better than the Dreamcast Versions.

And, yes I know, Metal Gear 2 and GTA 3 are being released, but is that it?
Is that all the Playstation 2 has going for it?
What now would give me and so many other gamers a reason to buy a Playstation 2?
With the dawn of the Gamecube on the horizon and even the X-BOX, Sony will probably get the kick up the back side that it so deserves.

Roll on E3, it could change everything.

Mon 23/04/01 at 23:26
Regular
i agree that PS" hasnt had loads of AAA titles, but the console has only been outa few months. Remember the 64 only had 6 games after the same period.
Mon 23/04/01 at 23:25
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Did anyone get my point I was trying to make here?
I have only heard a couple games which I would rate AAA Titles.
And come on, Operation Winback?, TombRaider Chronicles?, Z.O.E? and more which where mentioned,- are these AAA??!!!

I doubt either that there will be 100's of these supposed 'Top quality' games released too. Catch a grip.
They arent something new, creative and original and neither is Crazi Taxi-it is a DC port after all and Winback is an N64 Port.
Compare the Playstation 'Greats' to say what the N64 had to offer.
Mon 23/04/01 at 23:17
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
That seems really rude(but quite funny) now that i read it.

Sorry to all you DVD fans, only messing about!
Mon 23/04/01 at 23:12
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
i bet Ant that you dont think ive ever watched a DVD.

I have and i didnt think it was anything really special like everyone was baggin on about. It was better than video but not worth the money.

Ohhhhhh, its a bit crisper, ohhhhh, i can watch a interview from some stupid director. Ohhhhhh, i can have my @rse bored off me by watching how the special effects were done. Ohhhhh, i can watch unseen bits that were so bad they didnt make the final copy of the film

It impressesed me about as much as havin some bloke doing a big wattery fart in a crouded lift...with me in it!!!
Mon 23/04/01 at 22:48
Regular
"Whatever!"
...Red Faction, Project Eden, Drop Ship, ISS Pro Evolution 2, GT 4, Tomb Raider Next Gen, The Getaway, etc..etc...

Over 300 games currently in development, 100's more rummored, many PC classics being translated also, future online capabilities, I think the future is looking brighter each day!!
But please stop with the Army Men Titles - Its just an insult to video gamers!!
Mon 23/04/01 at 22:48
Regular
"I like cheese"
Mantis wrote:
> Its got a DVD 2. not a great one but its decent.

I heard it goes
> green when you use a scart lead, great eh?
Did they notnotise that
> before they dent the machine accross the country!!!

Well, I've never had a problem with it. My mate who has a £500 DVD Player says that the PS2's isn't much worse than that.
Mon 23/04/01 at 22:47
Regular
"smile, it's free"
M16 wrote:
>I am a loyal Sony fan, do I seem brainwashed??

Ahh...but of course! ;)

I don't see much reason for pledging loyalty to a company that dont even make games for their console, but then I suppose the PSX didn't do too badly, did it? I'm not clued up enough on how close Sony's relationship is with developers for their machines, so I can't really make any other intelligent comments. They let a lot of trash through though, don't they?

What do you mean, 'predjudiced'?
;)
Mon 23/04/01 at 22:41
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Its got a DVD 2. not a great one but its decent.

I heard it goes green when you use a scart lead, great eh?
Did they notnotise that before they dent the machine accross the country!!!
Mon 23/04/01 at 22:40
Regular
"I like cheese"
Reaper[DC] wrote:
> It's a 'him' now?

Why did I put that???? Hmmmm......
Mon 23/04/01 at 22:39
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
VenomByte wrote:
> Mantis wrote:
> sony have a huge user base who are
> loyal.

>'Brainwashed' is the word I'd use ;)

I am a loyal Sony fan, do I seem brainwashed??

Sony are good.
Must not like anyother company.
Must buy P...S...2.

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.