GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PLAYSTATION 2 What has it going for it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/04/01 at 21:08
Regular
Right lets get this over and done with shall we?

Where are all the AAA titles we where promised for the PS2??
After all the machine has had so much hype that you would expect something decent to appear by now!

Look at the number of developers creating games for it, with that rate you would expect to see TOP QUALITY games. Not Cheap rushed efforts, 3DO Take note, ie 'No more Army Men games'.
And dont say that Sega's games are a blessing either. Because you only have to look at the games screenshots to come to the conclusion, that they look no-better than the Dreamcast Versions.

And, yes I know, Metal Gear 2 and GTA 3 are being released, but is that it?
Is that all the Playstation 2 has going for it?
What now would give me and so many other gamers a reason to buy a Playstation 2?
With the dawn of the Gamecube on the horizon and even the X-BOX, Sony will probably get the kick up the back side that it so deserves.

Roll on E3, it could change everything.

Mon 23/04/01 at 21:08
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Right lets get this over and done with shall we?

Where are all the AAA titles we where promised for the PS2??
After all the machine has had so much hype that you would expect something decent to appear by now!

Look at the number of developers creating games for it, with that rate you would expect to see TOP QUALITY games. Not Cheap rushed efforts, 3DO Take note, ie 'No more Army Men games'.
And dont say that Sega's games are a blessing either. Because you only have to look at the games screenshots to come to the conclusion, that they look no-better than the Dreamcast Versions.

And, yes I know, Metal Gear 2 and GTA 3 are being released, but is that it?
Is that all the Playstation 2 has going for it?
What now would give me and so many other gamers a reason to buy a Playstation 2?
With the dawn of the Gamecube on the horizon and even the X-BOX, Sony will probably get the kick up the back side that it so deserves.

Roll on E3, it could change everything.

Mon 23/04/01 at 21:16
Regular
I wouldn't be too sure...

Sony have a large presence at E3. Looks like they have a lot to show, too.
Mon 23/04/01 at 21:41
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Sony will not be expected to be quiet at any time, as far as E3 is concerned.
I mean do you 'expect' Sony to be quiet?, after all they have become huge heavyweight's in the industry.
But even with past E3's they where loud too! as expected this year.
But had the Gamers (apart from Metal Gear, GTA, FF) witnessed top quality titles streaming to the PS1 in the past 3 yrs?? The answer:No.

I dont think Sony will surprise many this year. I hope they turn things round for the better.
Mon 23/04/01 at 22:11
Regular
Unless there is going to be room to swing a tiger between their stands, Sony do have a lot up their sleeve. :0)
Mon 23/04/01 at 22:16
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
sony have a huge user base who are loyal.

i dont know if its a good thing because alot of people are missing out on the dreamcast. I pesonaly think the DC is better games wise but people won't realise it unless the the console has a sony logo on it.
Mon 23/04/01 at 22:20
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
We'll wait and see Grix.........Only a few more weeks.
Mon 23/04/01 at 22:27
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Mantis wrote:
> sony have a huge user base who are loyal.

'Brainwashed' is the word I'd use ;)

i dont know if its a
> good thing because alot of people are missing out on the dreamcast.
> I pesonaly think the DC is better games wise but people won't
> realise it unless the the console has a sony logo on it.

Tragic. Who'd have thought brand names could have such an unjust effect on the games industry. Such is the cruel, image-conscious world we live in.

*sigh*
Mon 23/04/01 at 22:35
Regular
"I like cheese"
errrrr....

Well, what about ZOE?? StarFighter?? Formula 1 2001?? Shadow Of Memories?? Crazy Taxi in a few days?? DOA2?? Quake 3?? Unreal Tournament?? SSX?? TimeSplitters?? Summoner??

And as Grix said, Sony have a lot to show off at the E3. And why do you think GameSpot say that the PS2 is the console of the future.

With games such as Crazy Taxi, GTA 3D, GT3, MGS2, Operation Winback, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Evil Dead, Final Fantasy IX and many many more, I think the PS2 has a great future in front of him.
Mon 23/04/01 at 22:36
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
It's a 'him' now?
Mon 23/04/01 at 22:39
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
VenomByte wrote:
> Mantis wrote:
> sony have a huge user base who are
> loyal.

>'Brainwashed' is the word I'd use ;)

I am a loyal Sony fan, do I seem brainwashed??

Sony are good.
Must not like anyother company.
Must buy P...S...2.

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.