GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Come on ENGLAND!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/06/04 at 20:32
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
2-1 woooo

Scholes made it 1-1 - Put this man into the centre and he will score, nuff said.

*see sven puts him back out wide* Sigh.

Roooneeeeeeeey makes it 2-1

This mans a Legend already!

Come on ENGLAND!
Tue 22/06/04 at 00:19
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I respect your view because you put effort into it, however I must disagree on several parts. Owen and James being two of them. I will write a longer post as to why soon.
Tue 22/06/04 at 00:14
Regular
"Yes you are"
Achilles wrote:
> I was ashamed of England when the national anthems were on,
> they boo'ed Croatia's anthem, Swiss and France.

Croatia booed our anthem, too - but you only heard it briefly before they were drowned out.

Everyone does it - the German's booed the Dutch, the Dutch booed the German's, and others have booed each other too. It's not an just an England thing.

As for Rooney - can't stand the Shrek-a-like, but he has been fantastic and is by far our best player so far.

Would anyone care to join me in splitting the cost of purchasing a ticket or two for a couple of England players, to get them home before the Portugal game?

Owen (or "Passenger Number 10" as he's known in our house) is bloody useless. Big deal, he set up a couple of goals for Shrek, but he has missed a number of glorious opportunities, and we may as well be playing with 10 men. He started out well but has gone slowly downhill ever since.

We knocked long balls over the top for him for most of the first half (just like Liverpool do) and he got nowhere near them. Towards the end of the 1st half we started to play it through, and got the results. Our "best striker"? 8 goals in 3 games, and he hasn't got a single one - even putting the ball over the top of an empty goal tonight. I do like Owen - really I do. But he just isn't producing, and hasn't for a long time now. He should stick to the washing powder ads.

And Calamity James can't stop anything that's hit more than a couple of feet either side of him. If you're not gonna pick Robinson, at least wheel Seaman back out of retirement... he may have made some balls-ups, but at least he moved for the ball!

How the hell Owen is still picked over Vassell or James over Robinson, I really don't know. If they're the best we have to offer in their positions, I'm a professional ballerina.
Mon 21/06/04 at 22:13
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Stupid defending on the two Croatian goals - both stupid free kicks,
> both poor defending.
>
True but didn't you notice how often those Croats backed off when they shouldn't of..
Mon 21/06/04 at 22:07
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Cyclone wrote:
> I never said Rooney was bad, just the hype about
> him is stupid.

Yeh but this is England, the media hype up the smallest thing possible.

Rooney is the best thing England have had since a 'young' Owen and think about where our goals would have come from if Rooney wasn't playing?

Don't worry about the media hype, just sit back and enjoy the football

Come on England!
Mon 21/06/04 at 21:57
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Stupid defending on the two Croatian goals - both stupid free kicks, both poor defending.

Great attack though. I never said Rooney was bad, just the hype about him is stupid.
Mon 21/06/04 at 21:51
Regular
Great Result, bring on Portugal on Thursday, hopefully Ronaldo will have an off night :)
Mon 21/06/04 at 21:40
Regular
Croatias defending was diabolical..
Mon 21/06/04 at 21:16
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Gah, Croatia score 3-2
Mon 21/06/04 at 21:13
Regular
"Teal'c"
/sevillaugh
Mon 21/06/04 at 21:12
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Come on you have to admit, Rooney is a bit special.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.