GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Come on ENGLAND!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/06/04 at 20:32
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
2-1 woooo

Scholes made it 1-1 - Put this man into the centre and he will score, nuff said.

*see sven puts him back out wide* Sigh.

Roooneeeeeeeey makes it 2-1

This mans a Legend already!

Come on ENGLAND!
Tue 22/06/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Beckham needs to motor down the right a bit more to get into better crossing positions, he seems to have become lazy playing in centre mid for Real. Either that or be more accurate on his 30 yard passes to the likes of Owen and co, other than that he plays it simple without being too effective.

He seems to hog that right hand side without using initiative to move inside and be more creative, that separates the Beckhams from the Zidanes; who inturn starts on the left wing but he's everywhere - the central figure to in France's attacking play.
Tue 22/06/04 at 12:45
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I think I disagree with just about everything you wrote there. Well, apart from this, that is...

Solskjær wrote:
> I really is pathetic...

Only kidding ;D
Tue 22/06/04 at 12:36
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I agree with people who say underperforming "stars" like Beckham and Owen should be dropped, if only for one game - Darius Vassel has clearly had a better tournament in only his appearences as a SUB, while Kieron Dyer is certainly more likely to move on the ball than the "standstill" David Beckham.

Our performance last night wasn't all the great as people seem to be making it out to have been. Even in the second-half, we were still showing gaping gert holes in our defence! And, in the first-half... How can Eriksson honestly think WE (aside from Rooney) played well!?

I laugh every time David James saves the ball though. Every time he makes a stop that means he has to go to ground, even when no-one's near him, he seems to really enjoy having the ball under his chest, and just lies there ...like an angry father with a baby he doesn't want to give up....

You could even say, he nearly spends as much time on the ground as Bendybum [Beckham]! The slightest brush - and he's down like Patrick Vieira! And then, he'll lie there in unconvincing agony, just like Vieira, too. I really is pathetic...

That's all he seems to be good for, too. Apart from crossing...
He doesn't make ANY runs for a wide-player. He'll just stand there, expect, wait, and then pass it again - or, more predictabley, try a long-ball/cross that never had any hope of reaching anyone.
Even his set-pieces are crap too. When was the last time he scored from one? When was the last time even one of his corners remained at even head-height??

Things need to change if we're to beat Portugal!
Tue 22/06/04 at 10:51
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
316 3055 wrote:
> Owen (or "Passenger Number 10" as he's known in our house)
> is bloody useless. Big deal, he set up a couple of goals for Shrek,
> but he has missed a number of glorious opportunities, and we may as
> well be playing with 10 men. He started out well but has gone slowly
> downhill ever since.

No, he's not had a good tournament so far, but have you seen the way in which so many opposing defenders try and occupy him, allowing space for Rooney, Scholes and the wide players. They are scared of him, because if he gets any room he can punish teams even at international level. Also, in last nights game, he did brilliantly for our first goal to reach that, it was running away from him all the time.

> We knocked long balls over the top for him for most of the first half
> (just like Liverpool do) and he got nowhere near them. Towards the
> end of the 1st half we started to play it through, and got the
> results. Our "best striker"? 8 goals in 3 games, and he
> hasn't got a single one - even putting the ball over the top of an
> empty goal tonight. I do like Owen - really I do. But he
> just isn't producing, and hasn't for a long time now. He should
> stick to the washing powder ads.

Well here you've got to ask the question, should we really be hacking long balls up to Owen? And the pure and simple answer is no. Owen just hasn't got the aerial or physical presence to challenge even the average international centre back. How many times did Owen get the ball fed into feet last night? Not many, and one time a goal came of it, as it did against the Swiss. Just because Owen isn't scoring doesn't mean he should be dropped, some of his efforts and ability to occupy opposing players just go unnoticed.

> And Calamity James can't stop anything that's hit more than a couple
> of feet either side of him. If you're not gonna pick Robinson, at
> least wheel Seaman back out of retirement... he may have made some
> balls-ups, but at least he moved for the ball!

Come on. What has James done wrong this tournament? Aside maybe a couple of minor slip ups against France, nothing, and whilst I feel almost as worried as you when the ball comes near the bloke he hasn't been half as dodgy as I suspected he would be in this tournament.

> How the hell Owen is still picked over Vassell or James over
> Robinson, I really don't know. If they're the best we have to offer
> in their positions, I'm a professional ballerina.

I guess you better don your pink, frilly frock then, because although Vassell tends to come on and play well, he doesn't have any more presence than Owen to be quite frank. Also, the reason he tends to play superbly well when coming on, is that the centre backs of the opposing team are tired, and Vassell gets bags of joy with the pace he has. I'd still take Owen over Vassell, and as for Robinson, well, he's had no better season than James, and I'd feel just as uncomfortable with him in between the sticks.
Tue 22/06/04 at 10:34
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Rooney is good but the commentators and media should jsut shut the f**k up about him. He'll be hyped up and under pressure to perform, and if me screws up once the slavering media will come down on him and rip him apart. Look at Owen now, he was in the same position a few years ago.

But the football is great which is all I really care about.
Tue 22/06/04 at 02:59
Regular
Croatia might aswell gone home the way they defended.. they did alright at the start but they left too much space and backed off too often which left them in trouble and so they obviously conceded. Then when they went 2 down because of their diabolical defending they had to take risks.. so they left enough space to let Rooney run in and score the third.
Tue 22/06/04 at 02:31
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
cRaCkHeAd wrote:

my prediction: England 3 - 2 Portugal
----------------

If that isn't the kiss of death...
Tue 22/06/04 at 01:20
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
my prediction: England 3 - 2 Portugal
Tue 22/06/04 at 00:49
Regular
"Balls"
316 3055 wrote:
>
> And Calamity James can't stop anything that's hit more than a couple
> of feet either side of him. If you're not gonna pick Robinson, at
> least wheel Seaman back out of retirement... he may have made some
> balls-ups, but at least he moved for the ball!

WHAT!! which game was you watchin' he made some superb saves, he played really good. leave off.
Tue 22/06/04 at 00:46
Regular
"Balls"
Owen so deserved to score, he was constanly going at it making it hard for them to get it down our half. in my oppion he was brill.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.