GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alton Towers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/06/04 at 20:26
Regular
"SOUP!"
Is it any good? I'm going on tuesday though I've never been but am quite a fan of rollercoasters and stuff.

Give me some recomendations of the best rides and stuff, those of you who've been.

Oh, and are the queues really huge?
Sun 20/06/04 at 17:59
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
phi11ip wrote:
> I've been on Nemesis over 1000 times.

Pfffft, lightweight. ;-)
Sun 20/06/04 at 17:38
Regular
phi11ip wrote:
> I've been on Nemesis over 1000 times.

Oh, fun.
nemesis was OK, but it's nothing compared to any rollercoaster in Florida.

Tehy rule too much to be beaten.
Sun 20/06/04 at 17:36
Regular
"That's right!"
I used to love rollercoasters, until I got old and my stomach couldn't take them anymore. I rode Nemesis and nearly threw up. But Oblivion rocked muchly, check it out.
Sun 20/06/04 at 17:36
Regular
Auf deutsch wrote:
> Make sure you go on Air first, it seems to get pretty busy plus you
> can't actually go on a similar ride anywhere else (although it isn't
> that greater ride, more of an experience)

Oh no, go on oblivion first, the queues for that end up massive.
But wait until about half 4 before you go on air, every starts making their way to the entrance, cos they need to go home, so the air queue is 10 minutes long.
Sun 20/06/04 at 17:35
Regular
Der Nazi wrote:
> I've never been to Alton Towers, seeing as i live in Surrey, but I've
> got the option of going up there on a school trip- would it really be
> worth it (Which would probably entail being up from 4AM to 1AM the
> next day)?

It's totally worth it, considerign I went last year (and again on THursday this week I'm going) despite living in Glasgow.

I need to be up from about 12am till 1am, although chacnes are, I won't get a nap before I go, so I'll be up from 7am all the way until 12am the next day, but it's worth it, even if I did fall asleep on the bus's stairs to the fire exit, whilst palying Mario Kart.

Heh.
Sun 20/06/04 at 11:04
Regular
"Arghh Me Heel"
I suggest actually running to Air when you enter the park. The place lines up for about an hour if your not quick. Then i would go on the Nemesis, seen as its right next to it. Ripsaw next, get wet then on to the Oblivion. Black hole is crap. Submission is alright. The only tip i have is to take your time going on all the rides. I got bored just walking about all the time to the next ride, i would just take my time going round.
Sun 20/06/04 at 10:56
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Where abouts in Surrey?

(I am here also)
Sun 20/06/04 at 10:17
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I've never been to Alton Towers, seeing as i live in Surrey, but I've got the option of going up there on a school trip- would it really be worth it (Which would probably entail being up from 4AM to 1AM the next day)?
Sun 20/06/04 at 09:53
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Ditto.
Sun 20/06/04 at 09:01
Regular
"eat toast!"
you pay to go in to the theme park. the ride is therefore free of any extra charges. The cost? a couple of minuates of your life are wasted standing to go on the ride.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.