GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alton Towers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 19/06/04 at 20:26
Regular
"SOUP!"
Is it any good? I'm going on tuesday though I've never been but am quite a fan of rollercoasters and stuff.

Give me some recomendations of the best rides and stuff, those of you who've been.

Oh, and are the queues really huge?
Sun 20/06/04 at 20:55
Regular
"SOUP!"
Thanks for all the advice.

I'm going this tuesday so hopefully its not "peak time"

whats the virtual queueing or fasttrack thing ?
Sun 20/06/04 at 20:50
Regular
maddmun wrote:
> But wait until about half 4 before you go on air, every starts making
> their way to the entrance, cos they need to go home, so the air queue
> is 10 minutes long.

Bear in mind, too, that the electronic queue time banners aren't always spot-on. The park was 10 minutes from closing yet the banner said a 45-minute queue was piling up outside Air, which was clearly incorrect as we'd just come from there, barely missing being too late before the queue closed.
Sun 20/06/04 at 20:49
Regular
"That's right!"
The Bullet at Flamingo Land nearly made me puke; Oblivion is great because you don't need a stomach of steel. And sitting at the front of it is amazing.
Sun 20/06/04 at 18:48
"period drama"
The only decent rollercoaster I've been on was Space Mountain. It does go upside-down, but in the dark, so meh.
I feel so poor.

Although I did assure mother it didn't go upside-down, which was fun.
Sun 20/06/04 at 18:42
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
The most over-rated roller-coaster of all-time is 'Collosus' at Thorpe Park: Go up track, drop, turn round a few times. It lasts 14 seconds. Nemisis Inferno is scary. I was almost crying on that ride. But it was still brilliant.

Anyway, back to Alton Towers.
Sun 20/06/04 at 18:36
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Grix Thraves wrote:
> 5000?
>
> Which time was the best?

2643rd or the 4621st time.

the 4621st time was well good though, the restraints came undone at the top of the drop and i fell out but the car cought me up and i landed back in my site when i went into the tunnel.
Sun 20/06/04 at 18:21
Regular
"smile, it's free"
If you're going at a peak time, queues will be absolutely HUGE. I went last thursday and friday, and the queues in the middle of the day were upwards of 80 minutes for Air and Spinball Whizzer and 50 minutes for Nemesis.

If the fasttrack system or virtual queueing is operating, go stright there and get tickets. Seriously. It'll save you hours.

Oblivion is the single most intense experience there is. It's the only ride that actually scares me rather than thrills. Nemesis is the most enjoyable experience though, it's still the best ride in the park. The Corkscrew roller coaster is pretty lame, don't bother with it unless there's virtually no queue at all. The Spinball Whizzer is ok, but still not even in the same league as Nemesis or Oblivion. Probably not worth the wait. Same goes for Black Hole. Ripsaw is good though, and Submission is a laugh too. If you go on the log flume, here is some advance warning: The person at the front of the boat will get drenched. The heavier the load of people on board, the more drenched that person will be. I can verify this first-hand :)
Sun 20/06/04 at 18:18
Regular
5000?

Which time was the best?
Sun 20/06/04 at 18:14
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
maddmun wrote:
> Auf deutsch wrote:
> Make sure you go on Air first, it seems to get pretty busy plus you
> can't actually go on a similar ride anywhere else (although it isn't
> that greater ride, more of an experience)
>
> Oh no, go on oblivion first, the queues for that end up massive.
> But wait until about half 4 before you go on air, every starts making
> their way to the entrance, cos they need to go home, so the air queue
> is 10 minutes long.

I've been on Oblivion over 5000 times and I can tell you that it has far shorter queues than Air and Nemesis. It has a higher throughput so the qs are shorter.
Sun 20/06/04 at 18:08
Regular
Nemesis is the best, Oblivion is quite an anti-climax. It's all over in about 20 seconds (bet you've heard that one before, hur hur).

Meh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.